AAA top ten?

90warrior

Halls is the #1 team in Single A hands down.

Being ranked does not win state titles. Two years Goodpasture was #1 all year long and we met in the state quarters. Goodpature was legit and it took a missed free-throw and OT to beat them.  Last year Union City was the top ranked teams but who brought home the Gold Ball.  Last year we breezed through the state tournament after being ranked behind UC all year. Beat them in the title game by 30.

This year we are not as strong as we were because we lost a lot of talent from last year. Halls is undefeated but if they played our schedule they would not be. Can we beat Halls? I don’t know. If we both make to the end we will see. But to say Halls is the best team hands down is crazy. Remember being humble takes you a long way in life.

• Upvote 1

Yea, his logo is on their uniforms. The kids have the latest shoes.

The other night when Germantown went to Southwind, East came to the game. With about a minute to go East and their massive following got up to leave. I bet, between the team, coaches, and rest of the entourage 40 people were walking out. It's a monster that will only get bigger.

What's he teach - other than basketball?

Not being ranked could motivate Whitehaven. I don't figure they're too worried about it though. Look at Mitchell in A, everybody knows they should be #1, but do they care. Mitchell will March right into the Boro in March and handle business as usual.

Well, I also think that Whitehaven and Mitchell are different in another regard. Whitehaven is AAA and there are some other teams in AAA that will be vying for position in the state playoffs. Region 7 will be between Districts 13 and 14. I feel like the Region 7 representatives for the State Tourney will be Cordova and Arlington. I feel like the Region 8 representatives will be be two of the following three: East, Whitehaven, or Germantown. We all know that anything can happen in the regional tournaments, but if I had a gun to my head, those are the teams that I would pick. Right now, in District 16, East has beaten Whitehaven twice. Once in District play and once in a Christmas season tournament. They have one more district game to play. The winner of the Regional Tourney's will have to face off against one another. That's murder's row! I don't think Mitchell's journey to the state playoffs is quite as difficult. In the January 11th release of the Top 10 AP Poll, Mitchell and MAHS are ranked in A basketball. East, Germantown, and Cordova are all ranked in the same January 11th AAA AP Top 10 Poll. Whitehaven and Arlington could both be in the AP as well. I just think that getting to the State playoffs is that much harder for the AAA schools coming out of the Memphis area then it is for the A schools.

I agree, however, that in the long run it doesn't matter. You still have to win come tournament time. Having competed against the best and beating them instills confidence that helps the players during those 'big stage' moments. 

Edited by kwc

Well, I also think that Whitehaven and Mitchell are different in another regard. Whitehaven is AAA and there are some other teams in AAA that will be vying for position in the state playoffs. Region 7 will be between Districts 13 and 14. I feel like the Region 7 representatives for the State Tourney will be Cordova and Arlington. I feel like the Region 8 representatives will be be two of the following three: East, Whitehaven, or Germantown. We all know that anything can happen in the regional tournaments, but if I had a gun to my head, those are the teams that I would pick. Right now, in District 16, East has beaten Whitehaven twice. Once in District play and once in a Christmas season tournament. They have one more district game to play. The winner of the Regional Tourney's will have to face off against one another. That's murder's row! I don't think Mitchell's journey to the state playoffs is quite as difficult. In the January 11th release of the Top 10 AP Poll, Mitchell and MAHS are ranked in A basketball. East, Germantown, and Cordova are all ranked in the same January 11th AAA AP Top 10 Poll. Whitehaven and Arlington could both be in the AP as well. I just think that getting to the State playoffs is that much harder for the AAA schools coming out of the Memphis area then it is for the A schools.

I agree, however, that in the long run it doesn't matter. You still have to win come tournament time. Having competed against the best and beating them instills confidence that helps the players during those 'big stage' moments. 

I totally agree. AAA in Memphis is a Monster. Memphis owns the Gold Ball. 2014 was the only year recently we did not win it all. It is not just 1 team. Melrose, White Station, Craigmont, Southwind, East, and Hamilton as won it. AA has been a problem and A outside of Mitchell and BTW as been a problem. AAA in Memphis is the best in the state.

I totally agree. AAA in Memphis is a Monster. Memphis owns the Gold Ball. 2014 was the only year recently we did not win it all. It is not just 1 team. Melrose, White Station, Craigmont, Southwind, East, and Hamilton as won it. AA has been a problem and A outside of Mitchell and BTW as been a problem. AAA in Memphis is the best in the state.

Ridgeway, too.

How could we forget coach Henning? He has multiple titles. Then there is also Fairley ... but that was back in the day with Deuce being coached by his dad, then later didn't Fairley win it with Marlon Towns? It's a lot of names to remember over the years!

I was only going back a few years..LOL