AAA top ten?

90warrior

Pretty sure the gold ball will be hoisted by a Memphis team when it's all said and done, so the hate doesn't matter. Most likely East will do it but I would love to see Gtown get it done with those 13 seniors. Its boom or bust for those guys unlike the young East squad 

My experience is that Memphis teams are usually under rated. Strong programs in Memphis!

I don't think they're underrated, at all. It's just that those teams out there are so evenly matched that a 10 loss Memphis team can still make it to the title game and still win it. High School basketball polls don't mean much. These pollsters look at win loss records, and not so much strength of schedule, being a Memphis team with 5 or so losses right now could be the best team in the state right now, but a team with no losses on their record, despite playing sub par competition compared to a Memphis team is going to get the top spot like a Blackman. Just how these polls in High School work. Doesn't mean they're underrated. Everybody knows how good those Memphis teams are, trust me.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1

I don't think they're underrated, at all. It's just that those teams out there are so evenly matched that a 10 loss Memphis team can still make it to the title game and still win it. High School basketball polls don't mean much. These pollsters look at win loss records, and not so much strength of schedule, being a Memphis team with 5 or so losses right now could be the best team in the state right now, but a team with no losses on their record, despite playing sub par competition compared to a Memphis team is going to get the top spot like a Blackman. Just how these polls in High School work. Doesn't mean they're underrated. Everybody knows how good those Memphis teams are, trust me.

Good point. - Wisdom

Edited by chattaauhoops