2016 HUNTINGDON MUSTANGS

ZEBRA35

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see a few more passing attempts through out the season as well, to balance out the offense, in preparation for when we get deep into playoffs and make defense stay honest and preserve the running backs health maybe, if defense has to respect entire field, however, in coach Swenson defense, he had crafted his team around three running backs, which by week 8, all three were already over 900 yards each, with all three having double digit yard per carry avg, 44 Pearson had the highest yard per carry in Jackson sun subscription area, like 14 yds per carry and Johnson/Dodson were like 11 or 12 yds per carry.

Edited by stangfan89

Also, to reiterate horses comments, (those weak teams, we're not so weak afterall) teams like milan, Mckenzie, camden, lexington, etc went deep into play offs that we absolutely destroyed by half time, running that one play to the right and to the left. You take two of the top Escalon player's off any team playing for state championship this Fri and odds are they would be spectators not participating. For example, Ncs, take #12 and bituli off their squad they would be different team. You take them off late in the season, week 8 and 9 with no time to revamp entire backfield and you are almost asking for the impossible. Just bad luck and we can only guess/speculate on what might of been. I'll say this you have to have good line and good backs. Example, we avg 350+ yd per game before 2 backs injured over 8 game stretch, and literally could have been 700 yds per game if they played 4 qtrs, after the backs injured we didn't rush but avg like 150 over 4 games with same line. That is no jab at a awesome senior line, that is just stating the facts, that you need a complete team: line and backs to beat other good teams. The line and backs feed off each other and trust each other. Also it's no jab at the back up backs, bailey is a awesome athlete, but to expect him to step in be as good as injured players that had 1000 reps since summer camp would be unreasonable and unfair. Those back-up qb million dollar stud athletes NFL don't quite look so hot when they get a chance as they don't have the work or reps.

Edited by stangfan89

Great post. I've read on threads this year talking about all the bad blood between HHS and WC, but all I see is two programs with fans that support them to the end with lots of pride and competivness. I don't think most know that HHS and WC have only played twice in history that I know of. Get them boys healthy and the young ones ready, it won't be long til we get at it again!

+1

Injuries are part of football and Huntingdon just happened to have 2 freak ones in back to back weeks. #44 is a big strong kid who wants to run over people and #11 is strong and fast..I would love to see these 2 run out of bounds and live to play the next play and stay healthy for a full season. I know that's not how those boys play but we need them for a full season. What happened to the play calling against Lexington and Camden where we came out throwing and jumped all them and never looked back? Would love to see us throw on 1st and 2nd down and not when everyone knows we are going to. #44 #11 and #3 will be main backs again next year but there are other kids #7 #8 #15 who can CATCH the ball if we throw it more than 3X a game. Sure you don't have to against Perry Co and Bruceton but you will have to against Wayne Co and Nashville Christian...hope the playbook and PLAYMAKERS are ALL UTILIZED next year

Injuries are part of football and Huntingdon just happened to have 2 freak ones in back to back weeks. #44 is a big strong kid who wants to run over people and #11 is strong and fast..I would love to see these 2 run out of bounds and live to play the next play and stay healthy for a full season. I know that's not how those boys play but we need them for a full season. What happened to the play calling against Lexington and Camden where we came out throwing and jumped all them and never looked back? Would love to see us throw on 1st and 2nd down and not when everyone knows we are going to. #44 #11 and #3 will be main backs again next year but there are other kids #7 #8 #15 who can CATCH the ball if we throw it more than 3X a game. Sure you don't have to against Perry Co and Bruceton but you will have to against Wayne Co and Nashville Christian...hope the playbook and PLAYMAKERS are ALL UTILIZED next year

I'm not arguing with you, but I think the coaching staff has a reason that 11, 3, and 44 are the primary ball carriers.  Just because as a fan you see someone make a few catches during a game or at practice does not mean they should be more involved.  Swenson has been coaching football for a long time.  I trust that he is fully capable of knowing what guys he can trust to get the job done.

I could care less who carries the ball...I do know that we had some kids make some big catches and scores this year and we have 2 kids who can throw it very well...I heard all year about all the new plays and formations but saw alot of the same stuff game after game. Im ready to go back to Cookeville and the teams minus Union City that go there can run and throw and play great D and special teams...I believe in our coaches 100% just like to see the playbook opened up a little

I could care less who carries the ball...I do know that we had some kids make some big catches and scores this year and we have 2 kids who can throw it very well...I heard all year about all the new plays and formations but saw alot of the same stuff game after game. Im ready to go back to Cookeville and the teams minus Union City that go there can run and throw and play great D and special teams...I believe in our coaches 100% just like to see the playbook opened up a little

i would like to see them play some defense.Huntingdon hasn't played good defense since Mansfield and Pritchard were calling defense Edited by horse