private vs public in football final

Indian

You make some great points.Most of the really successful teams have several transfers every year. The good teams get um and the not so good teams lose um. Its really just the small  Rural teams that play with the kids who grew up there. Private schools are really just a separation of the sheep and goats. Most are not as talented but they are smart hard working kids from  parents who puts their kids 1st. I'd bet my best hound that every single team in the Championships this week has a few standout transfers.

I should have mentioned that I DO love high school football.....all of it. We experienced some "big-boy" football in round four of the playoffs from Alcoa. Got to give them their dues. You really have to admire the kids, coaching, and the community when you play in places like Alcoa, Sequatchie County, Bledsoe County, and even up in Baxter, TN with Upperman HS. The rural schools have so much nostalgia not found in the metropolitan or suburban school systems anymore. 

I should have mentioned that I DO love high school football.....all of it. We experienced some "big-boy" football in round four of the playoffs from Alcoa. Got to give them their dues. You really have to admire the kids, coaching, and the community when you play in places like Alcoa, Sequatchie County, Bledsoe County, and even up in Baxter, TN with Upperman HS. The rural schools have so much nostalgia not found in the metropolitan or suburban school systems anymore.

Polk co and Oliver springs have been my favorite places to visit so far.

• Upvote 1

Well looks like it's a 3-3 split for the public vs. private gold ball debate. So 10% got 1/2 the top prizes.

Can't believe we will only win half of them!!!! Something needs to be done. We need new regulation and policy. No way the publics should win half of our gold balls. :flower:

Edited by gcapride

Well looks like it's a 3-3 split for the public vs. private gold ball debate. So 10% got 1/2 the top prizes.

Maybe I misunderstand, Knox Catholic is the only private left and NCS is the only private that has won so far. At best they can go 2 out of 6, and I think it will end up being 1 out of 6. The percentage isn't as bad as one would lead to believe. Don't get me wrong as I believe there is an advantage and would be fine with a public/private split, but don't embellish the numbers to suit your cause.

Maybe I misunderstand, Knox Catholic is the only private left and NCS is the only private that has won so far. At best they can go 2 out of 6, and I think it will end up being 1 out of 6. The percentage isn't as bad as one would lead to believe. Don't get me wrong as I believe there is an advantage and would be fine with a public/private split, but don't embellish the numbers to suit your cause.

No privates in 5A and 6A. 28-10 privates over publics in the playoffs even with a multiplier. Same old story just another season