McCallie-BA Score

rhinob59

I don't believe it, but apparently Red Zone in Chattanooga just reported the score as 35-0 BA at half..McCallie had 3 fumbles that BA capitalized on apparently. I never thought in a million years that the score would be this lopsided, but if it doesn't change, good luck to BA in the Clinic Bowl....

[Edited by rhinob59 on 11-15-02 8:56P]

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow..I don't think any of us saw this coming. I honestly believed that McCallie could win this, but I guess BA gets their revenge. As soon as anyone knows the numbers, I'd be very interested to hear more about turnovers for McCallie. I guess part of me is glad that they held BA to a field goal in the second half, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that BA's starters didn't play the 4th Quarter. Anyway, a crappy end to a season for McCallie, but they've got a lot of hope for the future around there. Good luck to BA now on getting your first Super Seven championship..you guys are one of the best teams around, so go out and show it on Saturday.

I dont know if any of yall mccallie guys heard about one of your defenders getting hurt. In the second quarter, Holbert crushed through the line and nailed one guy and he made the tackle but was laying face down for a couple of minutes not moving. They strapped him to a stretcher and took him to the hospital with a neckbrace on. Turns out that he had been knocked unconscious by the hit but he came to and they said there appeared to be no damage to his arms or legs so I think the neckbrace was just a precaution. But both schools showed a lot of class as everyone was quiet for the 10 min or so he was down and everyone clapped for him as he was being taken to the ambulance. Way to go both schools!

Well, I just got home. What a win for the Eagles!! Yes, the final score was 38-0. Here's the scoring summary (to the best of my memory).

First Quarter:

BA-Adcock 57 pass to Fuson (6-0 BA)

-Vaughn Kick (7-0 BA)

End 1st: Brentwood Academy 7, McCallie 0

Second Quarter:

BA-Holbert 2 run (13-0 BA)

-Vaughn Kick (14-0 BA)

BA-Adcock 21 pass to Holbert (20-0 BA)

-Vaughn Kick (21-0 BA)

BA-McTorry 12 fumble return (27-0 BA)

-Vaughn Kick (28-0 BA)

BA-Griffin 8 run (34-0 BA)

-Vaughn Kick (35-0 BA)

Halftime: Brentwood Academy 35, McCallie 0

Third Quarter:

BA-Vaughn 40 FG (38-0 BA)

End 3rd: Brentwood Academy 38, McCallie 0

Fourth Quarter:

**NO SCORING**

FINAL: Brentwood Academy 38, McCallie 0

**STATS**

FIRST DOWNS:

BA: 17

McCallie: 10

RUSHING:

BA: 39-182

McCallie: 35-67

PASSING:

BA: 8-13, 174yds, 1 INT, 2 TD

McCallie: 6-16, 115yds, 2 INT

FUMBLES-LOST:

BA: 2-0

McCallie: 4-4

PUNTING:

BA: 3-43.6

McCallie: 5-32.0

PENALTIES:

BA: 6-65

McCallie: 2-20

**SUMMARY**

Well, Brentwood Academy dominated this game from the start. On the 5th play from scrimmage, Jefferson Adcock found Chad Fuson on a 5-yard stop-&-go for a 57-yard touchdown. Though the Eagles didn't score again in the initial period, they made up for it in the 2nd Quarter, posting 28 points thanks to a couple McCallie turnovers and an efficient night by BA's offensive line (Dunlap, Burris, Hewett, Brown, Forte). BA's defense stifled McCallie's excellent QB, Ryan Moore, holding him to minimal rushing yards and forcing 2 interceptions. By the way, all of these things happened on a horribly torn-up field (or mudpit, whatever you wish to call it). This accounts for the sub-par punting night by Bliss (ONLY 44 yds/punt, still darn good for most people).

McCallie was very well-coached, but BA's talent and depth took over in this one, as 3rd-stringer Addison Edmonds picked off a late Ryan Moore pass to seal the shutout. Brentwood Academy was the better team tonight, but McCallie returns a good number of players next year.

Excellent football game. I'm proud to say that my last BA game to watch as a student could NOT have been more perfect.

Again, the final:

Brentwood Academy 38, McCallie 0