Congratulations to the 2015 Mr. football winner-- Tee Higgins

Runswithknife

PLEEEZE UNDERSTAND THAT PERFORMANCES AND THE STATS DON'T MATTER AT THIS POINT..IT IS THE WAY IT WAS HANDLED EVEN IF IT WERE THE OTHER WAY AROUND...THE GROWN-UPS WANT THE KIDS TO BE MISTAKE FREE AND HAVE HIGH CHARACTER AND INTEGRITY... AND WE CAN'T EVEN TRUST THEM AT THE TOP TO HAVE THE PAPERS IN ORDER TO GET THE WINNERS NAME RIGHT..GO OVER YOUR MATERIAL BEFORE YOU JUST START READING WHAT'S IN FRONT OF YOU!! GEEZ...

I honestly hate that it came to this. Both are fine athletes, and great kids as well, I know for a fact Tee is. Johnson in those highlights looks amazing. You just have to figure in a lot of things when comparing them. Johnson has a better overall supporting cast, and without a doubt probably faced the better overall competition, and has a great QB throwing him the ball. Tee on the other hand was in a run first flex-bone offense, and to be blunt our QB if he was on Indy's team probably wouldn't have even been a QB, much less 3rd string if he was. Not taking anything away from him, but just the blunt truth. If Tee had that QB throwing him the ball he probably would've put up similar numbers to what Johnson put up, IMO. I tip my hat to both guys. Both are great at what they do. Tee and Johnson are actually probably taking this in a more mature way than a lot of the grownups from the posts I have read on here. Tee is a extremely humble kid. He said he didn't even care if he won, and was just blessed to be a finalist. Lets try to let it go, and praise both of them for how great they both are at their respective positions.

I honestly hate that it came to this. Both are fine athletes, and great kids as well, I know for a fact Tee is. Johnson in those highlights looks amazing. You just have to figure in a lot of things when comparing them. Johnson has a better overall supporting cast, and without a doubt probably faced the better overall competition, and has a great QB throwing him the ball. Tee on the other hand was in a run first flex-bone offense, and to be blunt our QB if he was on Indy's team probably wouldn't have even been a QB, much less 3rd string if he was. Not taking anything away from him, but just the blunt truth. If Tee had that QB throwing him the ball he probably would've put up similar numbers to what Johnson put up, IMO. I tip my hat to both guys. Both are great at what they do. Tee and Johnson are actually probably taking this in a more mature way than a lot of the grownups from the posts I have read on here. Tee is a extremely humble kid. He said he didn't even care if he won, and was just blessed to be a finalist. Lets try to let it go, and praise both of them for how great they both are at their respective positions.

I would be willing to bet that Johnson had a better coaching staff as well

And I will say this. Johnson probably deserved the award being a Senior, but I am proud of Tee of course him being a player for the team I root for and just an overall excellent kid, as I'm sure Johnson is, too. I also understand the frustration. I would probably be upset if I was an Indy supporter , for sure. Just know that Tee would've humbly let Johnson have the award and been happy for him if he had of won. That's just the type of kid he is. I'd bet if Johnson goes out and wins a state title ring, this award will be the farthest thing from his mind.

Edited by SweetScience