Congratulations to the 2015 Mr. football winner-- Tee Higgins

Runswithknife

You keep going on about him being a D1 talent. Everyone who follows Tennessee high school football knows that. Heck the kid is a stud. I'm talking about the Indy kid getting robbed. And what he did on the field this year and the fact that his team is playing for a ring. U mean to tell me that the Indy is 5'11 and not 6'4 and putting up numbers like that? To win Mr football in Tennessee is it a requirement to be 6'4 and be recruited by big schools? Am I missing something here?

let me just put it to you this way, at Oak Ridge since Tee has been here, we are not known for passing

Yes I've seen Tee play when they lost to Ooltewah in the 2nd round. Nothing u say will justify that the kid from Indy didn't get robbed. I understand your a oak ridge fan and all so I know where your feelings are lol. But with Johnsons stats on top of the fact that he's playing for a gold ball while tee is playing basketball, doesn't take a rocket scientist to know who should have won. But the Indy kid I'm sure would rather have a state championship ring.

so when you went to that game, did you see the quarterback at Oak Ridge play? Edited by Runswithknife

I honestly hate that it came to this. Both are fine athletes, and great kids as well, I know for a fact Tee is. Johnson in those highlights looks amazing. You just have to figure in a lot of things when comparing them. Johnson has a better overall supporting cast, and without a doubt probably faced the better overall competition, and has a great QB throwing him the ball. Tee on the other hand was in a run first flex-bone offense, and to be blunt our QB if he was on Indy's team probably wouldn't have even been a QB, much less 3rd string if he was. Not taking anything away from him, but just the blunt truth. If Tee had that QB throwing him the ball he probably would've put up similar numbers to what Johnson put up, IMO. I tip my hat to both guys. Both are great at what they do. Tee and Johnson are actually probably taking this in a more mature way than a lot of the grownups from the posts I have read on here. Tee is a extremely humble kid. He said he didn't even care if he won, and was just blessed to be a finalist. Lets try to let it go, and praise both of them for how great they both are at their respective positions.

I think what happened to Indy's player is horrible. I would hate for my child to be done that way. However , your stance proves Tee should have won. He was successful with a third string QB at best, a weak supporting cast, and inferior coaching. Johnson will have a state championship ring! That doesn't take away from the screw up, though. Really sad!

Wow, this thread is so sad. It started out so positive then got taken over by jealous haters. Well, everybody can state their opinion here and that is okay since Tee probably doesn't even know this discussion is going on.

The Indy player and Coach Blade will most likely win a ring this week and that will be all they care about.

RWR!

Wow, this thread is so sad. It started out so positive then got taken over by jealous haters. Well, everybody can state their opinion here and that is okay since Tee probably doesn't even know this discussion is going on.

The Indy player and Coach Blade will most likely win a ring this week and that will be all they care about.

RWR!

RWR!

you hit the nail on the head there Willie, my main man Blade knows how to win.. I sure hope that he brings home the gold ball

HEY OAK RIDGERZ HOW DID YAL LET THAT COACH GO AND NOW HE IS ABOUT TO WIN STATE??? TEE WOULD BE A STRAIGHT BEAST FOREAL!! HE GOOD NOW BUT HE WOULD BE RAW...

We didn't let him go, he left on his own accord. And Tee would be good with me coaching him. Obviously a ton of D1 schools think he is great, so whether you think he is good or "raw" means nothing, the offers prove that point pretty well. Coaching had nothing to do with this. What it did have to do with is we didn't have a QB on our team this year, and the one we did have probably wouldn't have even been a QB at most other schools. We can say this, or we can say that about both guys, but the fact that Tee put up the numbers he did under the adverse circumstances he was under, just goes to show me how great he is. Reverse the roles and this probably wouldn't even be a discussion to be flat honest. What's funny to me is their hasn't (yet) to my recollection been one Indy fan on here moaning and groaning about this, only a few fans from a couple of 4AAA schools, which is strange nonetheless. Let it go, it's over and done with.

Edited by SweetScience

We didn't let him go, he left on his own accord. And Tee would be good with me coaching him. Obviously a ton of D1 schools think he is great, so whether you think he is good or "raw" means nothing, the offers prove that point pretty well. Coaching had nothing to do with this. What it did have to do with is we didn't have a QB on our team this year, and the one we did have probably wouldn't have even been a QB at most other schools. We can say this, or we can say that about both guys, but the fact that Tee put up the numbers he did under the adverse circumstances he was under, just goes to show me how great he is. Reverse the roles and this probably wouldn't even be a discussion to be flat honest. What's funny to me is their hasn't (yet) to my recollection been one Indy fan on here moaning and groaning about this, only a few fans from a couple of 4AAA schools, which is strange nonetheless. Let it go, it's over and done with.

NOW DON'T GET ME WRONG ABOUT TEE....WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT THIS KID HAD NOT EVEN REACHED HIS PEAK YET....AND HE STILL RAW....I KNOW THERE WERE TIMES THE QB COULDN'T GET THE BALL TO HIM..BUT HE MADE IT HAPPEN ON DEFENSE TOO...I KNOW HOW IT IS NOT TO HAVE A GOOD QB..HECK WE HAD ONE ABOUT AS TALL A TEE THAT DIDN'T GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO EVEN SHOW HIS TALENT BECAUSE OF THE QB....WHAT I WAS SAYING THAT IT WAS NOT ABOUT WHO WON IT...IT WAS THE WAY IT WAS DONE WITH FAMILIES THERE TO WITNESS THAT...BUT YOU GOT TO ADMIT THAT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE COACHING IN THE NE PATRIOTS SYSTEM THAN THE REST OF THE LEAGUE....COACHING IS IMPORTANT IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF A PLAYER...