Marion County Warriors 2016

PurplePower68

If Coach Grider would have left I think RLH is saying at least he put in a lot of time at SP first. I like Coach Ross, but him bouncing around from job to job and not staying long is what RLH appears to be talking about. Things change I get that, but good grief.

At least he is leaving the next guy in great shape.Marion Co will be fine.

If Coach Grider would have left I think RLH is saying at least he put in a lot of time at SP first. I like Coach Ross, but him bouncing around from job to job and not staying long is what RLH appears to be talking about. Things change I get that, but good grief.

Exactly.  I don't consider K.C. a drifter even though he was head coach at Bridgeport, Jasper, somewhere in Georgia, Grundy and Dunlap.  He didn't build a Hall of Fame portfolio 2 years here and 2 years there. 

Exactly. I don't consider K.C. a drifter even though he was head coach at Bridgeport, Jasper, somewhere in Georgia, Grundy and Dunlap. He didn't build a Hall of Fame portfolio 2 years here and 2 years there.

The SOS soon will be @ 4 different schools in 3 1/2 years! 2 were used as stepping stones, Jasper was used as spring board. Anyone who believes he was totally committed to Jasper is dreaming! Edited by OLD PIRATE

All I'm saying is times are changing.. Mostly due to social media and the web in general.. Go back to 97-98 and earlier, very seldom did you see or hear of a coach being fired or sought after by other schools every two-three years. If and when you find a coach like Vic or KC you try and hold on to him no matter the cost.. Sometimes coaches want more, I am fine with that personally. He's young and obviously has goals and wants more for himself and his family.. I can not and will not pass judgement for someone wanting more in life.

I personally don't care if he leaves a long as he betters himself and his family in doing it. I have to say the kids in the end are the only ones hurt by it. That's the part I don't care for.. As for us grown men why do we care, hes not coaching us? I have made this move twice in my life and both were to better myself and my family. Just because hes a coach the standards shouldn't change. Of course I as well as others would love to see him stay for the next 10.  Pujo is right, we will be fine with or without him, but of course we would like to keep him just as you skilletheads did!

With or without RR we are still the team your mother warned you about!

All I'm saying is times are changing.. Mostly due to social media and the web in general.. Go back to 97-98 and earlier, very seldom did you see or hear of a coach being fired or sought after by other schools every two-three years. If and when you find a coach like Vic or KC you try and hold on to him no matter the cost.

I personally don't care if he leaves a long as he betters himself and his family in doing it. I have to say the kids in the end are the only ones hurt by it. That's the part I don't care for.. As for us grown men why do we care, hes not coaching us?

Old Pirate says the problems with SOS is theys are individuals that mis-lead in hopes of gaining opportunities. SP folkes as well as Jasper folkes were told things that were exaggerated. Certainly with a young family one would want to become a strong part of the school, community and county. Early signs prove that was never long term plans. Often times signs are there but folkes are standing too close to the fire to see the flames! Yep, The Captain was caught up in the Snake Oil Sales chatter and Old Pirate well remembers his statement of winning the lottery with the hire. The supporters & especially the youngons deserved better than empty promises. Point here is don't write checks, that you don't want cashed! Edited by OLD PIRATE

All I'm saying is times are changing.. Mostly due to social media and the web in general.. Go back to 97-98 and earlier, very seldom did you see or hear of a coach being fired or sought after by other schools every two-three years. If and when you find a coach like Vic or KC you try and hold on to him no matter the cost.. Sometimes coaches want more, I am fine with that personally. He's young and obviously has goals and wants more for himself and his family.. I can not and will not pass judgement for someone wanting more in life.

I personally don't care if he leaves a long as he betters himself and his family in doing it. I have to say the kids in the end are the only ones hurt by it. That's the part I don't care for.. As for us grown men why do we care, hes not coaching us? I have made this move twice in my life and both were to better myself and my family. Just because hes a coach the standards shouldn't change. Of course I as well as others would love to see him stay for the next 10.  Pujo is right, we will be fine with or without him, but of course we would like to keep him just as you skilletheads did!

We get most of that.  However, the mid-term is important to the kids and the longterm is important to the program. 2 months or 2 years don't really fit into that.  SP and Jasper looked like a quick place to pick up a silver or gold ball or two and blow on down the road.  There's a difference in using a program and building/and or sustaining a program. 

Edited by rlh

We get most of that. However, the mid-term is important to the kids and the longterm is important to the program. 2 months or 2 years don't really fit into that. SP and Jasper looked like a quick place to pick up a silver or gold ball or two and blow on down the road. There's a difference in using a program and building/and or sustaining a program.

Dad burnit Youngon, Has Yous been talking with Great Grand Pappy agin? If this was church, theys be a HEEP of amens! The big difference with Jasper is the fellers that sent tithes regularly. Leastways, SP folkes didn't fall for that mess with the SOS. It would have been 5 months pissed away! Edited by OLD PIRATE