O-Line Sizes

MoonDogRex

Just saw that for the North Carolina 4-AA state championship (largest school classification in NC), the starting five o-line for Charlotte Mallard Creek has an average height of 6'3" and weight of 284 and their opponent Greensboro Page has a starting five o-line average height of 6'3" and weight of 277.

That sounds big. Anyone know some of the o-line sizes of the stronger programs in Tennessee?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw that for the North Carolina 4-AA state championship (largest school classification in NC), the starting five o-line for Charlotte Mallard Creek has an average height of 6'3" and weight of 284 and their opponent Greensboro Page has a starting five o-line average height of 6'3" and weight of 277.

That sounds big. Anyone know some of the o-line sizes of the stronger programs in Tennessee?

yes Brentwood Academies offensive line this year was one of the top in the country they averaged 6'3 to 6'4 across the board and 285 with 2 SEC tackles and every now and then another guy going SEC would come in and play guard who weighs 315 so the average would jump when he went in. They had 2 1000 yard rushers and the QB threw for almost 2000 and they scored at least 41 in all their wins except for one leading them to state title Edited by steelerfan32

I can tell you that Blackman's O-Line is between 6'2 and 6'3 270 -300lbs. My son is a sophomore and is 6'2 200 lbs as a tight end. Coaches have told me we need about 25-30 lbs of muscle on him by start of next season

They would like to see him at 6'3 230-235. The junior currently starting is 6'3  and 235 . The line in High school programs have certainly gotten much bigger than when I  was in high school . 

I can tell you that Blackman's O-Line is between 6'2 and 6'3 270 -300lbs. My son is a sophomore and is 6'2 200 lbs as a tight end. Coaches have told me we need about 25-30 lbs of muscle on him by start of next season

They would like to see him at 6'3 230-235. The junior currently starting is 6'3 and 235 . The line in High school programs have certainly gotten much bigger than when I was in high school .

You guys got a killer in that junior TE. He will be a wrecking ball next year

They would like to see him at 6'3 230-235. The junior currently starting is 6'3 and 235 . The line in High school programs have certainly gotten much bigger than when I was in high school .

what're you feeding these boys? I've not seen but one, maybe two kids that big at either Cumberland county team in the past 3-4 years

what're you feeding these boys? I've not seen but one, maybe two kids that big at either Cumberland county team in the past 3-4 years

I am not real sure...my boy will come home and eat 2 double 1/4 lb cheeseburgers after practice and then come down an hour or so later looking to eat again. I truly wonder if some of the steroids and hormones  that they feed these animals haven't translated to some bigger kids?

he is a good kid and has a good hed on his shoulders. I am hopeful that my son will get there size wise and maybe we will see a 2 tight end set occasionally . Wouldn't that cause some teams to blow a gasket

Basically would become 2008-2013 Version of Oakland. When Oakland went heavy under McDaniel, they were pretty hard to stop unless you were equally stout like upfront like Blackman has been

Size helps, but technique > size, any day of the week

That is where Oliver is going to be worth his weight in gold over the next few years... He has a couple sophomores who saw some playing time this year. One is 6'3  270 and nasty. It will be interesting to see what he does with this young talent

That is where Oliver is going to be worth his weight in gold over the next few years... He has a couple sophomores who saw some playing time this year. One is 6'3 270 and nasty. It will be interesting to see what he does with this young talent

I can tell you what he's gonna do. He's gonna have them signing college scholarship papers to play at the next level