Henry County 2016

MSURacer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I know its way early but a good year for HC this year would be about an 8 win season. They are young and the defense makes me nervous but if they can hold their own maybe the offense can get enough points on the board to win. My prediction so far is a record of 8-4 with patriots making it to the second round of playoffs and coming up a little short. But its early maybe they will prove me wrong. GO BIG RED!!!!!

I know its way early but a good year for HC this year would be about an 8 win season. They are young and the defense makes me nervous but if they can hold their own maybe the offense can get enough points on the board to win. My prediction so far is a record of 8-4 with patriots making it to the second round of playoffs and coming up a little short. But its early maybe they will prove me wrong. GO BIG RED!!!!!

Oh man of little faith...same was being said about the Patriot team of 2013 and we all know how that ended. Never underestimate the superior coaching staff that HCHS is blessed with. 8 win seasons are sufficient for some programs...not Henry County. State Championships or bust.

Oh man of little faith...same was being said about the Patriot team of 2013 and we all know how that ended. Never underestimate the superior coaching staff that HCHS is blessed with. 8 win seasons are sufficient for some programs...not Henry County. State Championships or bust.

I agree 100%.  Anything less than 10 wins will be a huge disappointment in Henry County.

In the new system state championship or bust is a little unrealistic given the amount of 6a teams that moved down. In the old system y'all were one of the largest 5a schools.

In the new system state championship or bust is a little unrealistic given the amount of 6a teams that moved down. In the old system y'all were one of the largest 5a schools.

That argument does not hold water.  The last classification Henry County enrollment 1349.  State Champion Independence has enrollment 1378 and Runner-up has 1451.  22 Schools are larger than these three.  Runner-up Maryville is the SMALLEST 6A school, State Champion Alcoa 3rd smallest, Runner-up Greenback has 209(one less than Greenfield), Runner-up Pearl Cohn 6th smallest. 

Trezevant and Knoxville Catholic may support your argument.

The three biggest things in football success: Players, Coaches and Tradition.  Henry County: check, check, check. 

Henry County should be very good every year and occasionally great and win it all.

That argument does not hold water.  The last classification Henry County enrollment 1349.  State Champion Independence has enrollment 1378 and Runner-up has 1451.  22 Schools are larger than these three.  Runner-up Maryville is the SMALLEST 6A school, State Champion Alcoa 3rd smallest, Runner-up Greenback has 209(one less than Greenfield), Runner-up Pearl Cohn 6th smallest. 

Trezevant and Knoxville Catholic may support your argument.

The three biggest things in football success: Players, Coaches and Tradition.  Henry County: check, check, check. 

Henry County should be very good every year and occasionally great and win it all.

Centennial was a good 6a football team, but not great. They moved down to 5a and we saw what happened. What you said about the coaches, players, and tradition I agree with. There is no doubt 5a is harder for y'all now then it was in the Counce Sr era. The last part I completely agree with, but not state championship or bust every year. 

Edited by TrojanTrain

Obviously, you're a man (or woman) who believes that size is all that matters. I believe that size is important. However, it's what you do with it that matters most. Quality over Quantity, my friend. When you go 15-0, two out of three years, I don't care what "classification" you're in, that's pretty dang impressive. So, around these parts, It's Gold Ball or Bust!