Centennial Coach Rector Stepping Down

TGUN

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious to see how that WingT is going to work with those athletes and at that level. Should be interesting.

Brentwood ran it very successfully under the coach that replaced Crawford.  Forget his name but he only stayed one year.  They ran it well and made a pretty deep run into the playoffs. 

it will be interesting to see how coach k, really a country boy from what i've seen, will fit into the cougars community of williamson types. hes prone to fits of rage on the field. dont take my word for it. ask around. he turned purple a couple of times. i didnt even see every game. once he was so close to a kid yelling i thought they were sharing the uniform. anyway...

it will be interesting to see how coach k, really a country boy from what i've seen, will fit into the cougars community of williamson types. hes prone to fits of rage on the field. dont take my word for it. ask around. he turned purple a couple of times. i didnt even see every game. once he was so close to a kid yelling i thought they were sharing the uniform. anyway...

Boy you turn on a guy quickly don't you.

First, most Centennial faithful don't fit the stereotypical "williamson types" you refer to.  Those are in Brentwood.  Secondly, while I've never seen Rector turn purple, he has chewed his share of butt the past five years so the kids are accustomed to a good dressing down. 

First, most Centennial faithful don't fit the stereotypical "williamson types" you refer to. Those are in Brentwood. Secondly, while I've never seen Rector turn purple, he has chewed his share of butt the past five years so the kids are accustomed to a good dressing down.

I think all of the Williamson County kids are just like all other teenagers that play football. MOST of the time football players understand and are disciplined enough to take a butt chewing. In fact I would argue that due to being more disciplined from parenting on down the "Brentwood " probably handles the chewing as well if not better that those kids that come from a less structured home life.

I'm confused by your comment "Boo". Feel free to clarify.

A lot of people knock Ravenwood and Brentwood kids as not being mentally tough and not being able to handle a hard nosed coach. Then there are those that categorize all Williamson County as being the same type of rich kid. So I was simply saying that I think those "rich kids" usually come from a more structured family life and have learned how to handle hard nosed discipline. Look at the private kids that have discipline coaches. However kids that come from broken families don't always have that structure and in turn struggle to handle discipline