C.P.A. 31- Collinwood 6 WOW!

WESHUDD

Well, well. It looks like things finally caught up with the boys from the "wood". All the talk about Murfreesboro and Clinic Bowl, not to mention a re-match with Ezell-Harding just came to a screeching halt on your home turf. I was not at the game, but I bet CPA out-blocked and out-tackled the Trojans on just about every play. This is the secret to Class A football. I watched CPA totally dominate the Wayne County players last week in Brentwood. Teedog65 and myself thought they would give Collinwood all they could handle. But 31-6 on Ward/Victory/Rich/Green night at their house?

Looks like Coach Statom and his staff will definitely be home for the Thankgiving Break this year. I guess he didn't get a chance to run any late-game scoring drives to totally put this game away tonight. From the scoreboard, it looks like he couldn't put any scoring drives together. Congratulations to both teams for outstanding seasons. I believe this game proved which team is the better football team.

WESHUDD HAS SPOKEN! :):D:D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) congratulations to CPA. We will see you next week at Ezell Harding. It should be a great game. This could be the "real" state championship. I am a big time Ezell fan, but have a lot of respect for what CPA is doing.

2) As I mentioned earlier, this was a win-win for Herby Luker. Now herby can say, "I told ya'll so. We can't compete with those city slicker private schools."

I had hoped I wouldn't see some of these comments on here, but I guess some of you Private school supporters just can't help it. I want to congradulate CPA on a great game. They are well coached and they played an outstanding game tonight. The combination of CPA and the very wet field really slowed us down. Their line play was outstanding tonight. Best of luck next week against Ezell.

I also want to tell the Trojans congratulations for another great season. Ya'll have given us some great times over the last 4 years. I am very proud of all of you, especially the seniors: Jon Ward, Jacob Victory, Shaun Green, Zac Davis, Scotty Rich, Eric Banks, Beefy Richardson, Rocky Mcfall. If I left anyone off, I apologize. I especially want to tell my son Jacob thanks for all the memories and I'm very proud of you. I love you and I'm looking forward to seeing you play on Saturday next year.

[Edited by vic on 11-15-02 10:55P]

The coaches and school administrators believe in what they are fighting for and I will not get on here and discuss what they feel. If anyone wants to know there opinions, then I invite you to call them and discuss it with them. I know Coach Pack and his assistants talked with Mr. Luker tonight before the game and I heard them make the statement that they respected his beliefs on this matter. If you want to discuss this, I suggest taking it to the Public/Private board and stop putting comments on here. The players are more apt to read this board and not the other. They have no say so in this matter and therefore they shouldn't have to get on here and read this stuff after suffering such a heart breaking loss.

I have to admit, I had a sense we were going to win tonight but was surprised at how big. I enjoyed meeting vic and wish his son all the best and also trojansportsfan (keep up the great work on the website). Even in the loss I am still impressed with Jonathon Ward, he is always a threat even when under pressure. I really hope to see him and Jacob in College Football and wish them well.

I enjoyed meeting vic, trojansportsfan and thelma(who has apparently had a sex change) tonight. You guys were great hosts. vic, I too look forward to seeing Jacob and Jonathon play on Saturdays the next 4 or 5 years. Your team had a great year, actually 3 great years.

Regarding Herb Luker, he is a fine man and is standing up for what he believes. He could not have been nicer to us tonight. You have to respect a man who has spent his life educating young people.

Congrats to both teams on a fine season. Can someone please outline the events of the game. Several posts have noted CPA dominated the line. Did CPA run the ball, pass, etc? What happened to Collinwood's passing game? Did CPA use a three man front? Did they assign a defender to Ward? Did they double cover Jacob?