RIVERDALE PARENTS THREATEN BOYCOTT OR MOVES

warrior82dad

Yeah I called him out because he brought race up on a message board. Whats his name? Post it so those of us who dont know can see who the guy is making the claim?

Here you go so you do not have to get someone to look it up for you. Mike Skidmore. Want the phone number to or do you know how to look in something as ancient as a telephone book? It is in there.

As to the 'race' thing it was brought to me by a Black parent who had a real concern and knew from my years as a cop here that I could mention it to get the problem fixed. Wasn't aimed at either side. Purely that it was a problem that needed to be addressed by someone.

Being all PC today and not talking things out is why a bunch of problems build until they become a REAL problem. The butt whipping last year that coach took is a prime example.

Any chance the Hoover Coach would want to come here?

As to re-zoning, it should not be that much of a problem. Fastest growing section of our zone is along Hwy 231 toward Shelbyville.

Good Luck Coach A. YOU are a good man. We just disagreed on your lax discipline policy and the fact you can pass with the Wing T.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale will get a good coach. No doubt about that. Good post LOD for the most part. Just remember there are always at least two sides of a story. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

I agree. Thing is we never heard the young man's version or reason. Not saying he was right or justified, but something caused it.

I just wanted both sides to talk it out.

Here you go so you do not have to get someone to look it up for you. Mike Skidmore. Want the phone number to or do you know how to look in something as ancient as a telephone book? It is in there.

As to the 'race' thing it was brought to me by a Black parent who had a real concern and knew from my years as a cop here that I could mention it to get the problem fixed. Wasn't aimed at either side. Purely that it was a problem that needed to be addressed by someone.

Being all PC today and not talking things out is why a bunch of problems build until they become a REAL problem. The butt whipping last year that coach took is a prime example.

As to re-zoning, it should not be that much of a problem. Fastest growing section of our zone is along Hwy 231 toward Shelbyville.

Good Luck Coach A. YOU are a good man. We just disagreed on your lax discipline policy and the fact you can pass with the Wing T.

Good Luck Coach A. YOU are a good man. We just disagreed on your lax discipline policy and the fact you can pass with the Wing T.            Mike,there is no way the Hoover coach will consider Riverdale. I know him very well. He was offered BA and stayed at Hoover. His next move will be college. Turned down an off the field position with Alabama so forget him. I am not sure Riverdale has a chance to get a coach like they want or expect,hope they do.                                   

Edited by runtheball

Being all PC today and not talking things out is why a bunch of problems build until they become a REAL problem. The butt whipping last year that coach took is a prime example..

Why would I want your phone number? I agree issues should be discussed but the way you mentioned it here was potentionally damaging or harmful to Coach A, the school and community.

I would like to think those types issues would be discuused in person with all the parties so they can be resolved.

IMO vague comments in forums such as this are inappropriate. However, your post indicates a sincere effort to help so I applaud you for that.

Why would I want your phone number? I agree issues should be discussed but the way you mentioned it here was potentionally damaging or harmful to Coach A, the school and community.

I would like to think those types issues would be discuused in person with all the parties so they can be resolved.

IMO vague comments in forums such as this are inappropriate. However, your post indicates a sincere effort to help so I applaud you for that.

I agree about airing dirty laundry on here. The parent had tried the direct talking approach and it was ignored. The man came to me as a last hope.

As to my phone number, if you want to call, call. runtheball and I chat lots of times and he is VERY pro Coach A. He does listen to reasoned arguments though. That I appreciate as we can agree to disagree and still be civil.

I agree about airing dirty laundry on here. The parent had tried the direct talking approach and it was ignored. The man came to me as a last hope.

As to my phone number, if you want to call, call. runtheball and I chat lots of times and he is VERY pro Coach A. He does listen to reasoned arguments though. That I appreciate as we can agree to disagree and still be civil.

Good stuff! Good luck on the coaching search.

runtheball, you are the only ex Metro coach I would like. Want to give up that cushy College job to fight the wars of Rutherford County?

Nah, you got too much sense to come here.

Thanks for the info on the Hoover Coach. I knew it was a long shot, but I thought I would mention it. Got to take your shots where you can.

It would be fun coaching in the best region in the state. A huge challenge with the players and coaches in RC. I hope who ever gets the job will have the support of all the posters on here that claim to be fans. No coach will be successful if he does not have support. I still think many players read or hear all the criticism, that is not good for morale. We will talk soon.  

Edited by runtheball