Cookeville Tourney Dec. 18-19-21

jimbo44

What a joke . Understood that the two undefeated teams would play last game . Heard Brown did't want to play Cookeville or Clarkrange . What a joke . Jim Brown gets his way . Won't go to anymore games at Cookeville this year or next year . What a joke .

I don't know the situation here but I believe it would have been agreed upon on he front end of coming to the tourney that Jackson wouldn't play those two with both of them being on the regular season schedule. That's not an unusual request and usually the host school agrees upon that to get teams that will bring good crowds in the tournament. It's very normal.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the situation here but I believe it would have been agreed upon on he front end of coming to the tourney that Jackson wouldn't play those two with both of them being on the regular season schedule. That's not an unusual request and usually the host school agrees upon that to get teams that will bring good crowds in the tournament. It's very normal.

That's crap. If your going to dodge teams that your going to play then find another tournament. It doesn't give a true winner to the tournament. The fans get the biggest beating. "Come watch us dodge everybody." No winner, everybody gets a trophy. That's a joke!!

I agree with both coaches. Play teams that are not on their regular season schedules.

What a joke . Understood that the two undefeated teams would play last game . Heard Brown did't want to play Cookeville or Clarkrange . What a joke . Jim Brown gets his way . Won't go to anymore games at Cookeville this year or next year . What a joke .

I'm sure that Cookeville will be able to pay officials without your $5.00.

That's crap. If your going to dodge teams that your going to play then find another tournament. It doesn't give a true winner to the tournament. The fans get the biggest beating. "Come watch us dodge everybody." No winner, everybody gets a trophy. That's a joke!!

Jackson County has never EVER dodged anyone i can promise you that and they are not dodging Clarkrange who they will beat at least twice this year.  Why play Cookeville 3 times?  We will beat them everytime we play them, same goes for Clarkrange this year.  It has zero to do with dodging Clarkrange.  It is about playing different competition and getting better and it was agreed upon that we would not play Clarkrange or Cookeville during these 3 days of games.  You want a trophy at Christmas?  Buy one and feel warm and fuzzy, because you would not have beaten Jackson County. :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

Jackson County has never EVER dodged anyone i can promise you that and they are not dodging Clarkrange who they will beat at least twice this year. Why play Cookeville 3 times? We will beat them everytime we play them, same goes for Clarkrange this year. It has zero to do with dodging Clarkrange. It is about playing different competition and getting better and it was agreed upon that we would not play Clarkrange or Cookeville during these 3 days of games. You want a trophy at Christmas? Buy one and feel warm and fuzzy, because you would not have beaten Jackson County. :popcorneater:

Jackson County has never EVER dodged anyone i can promise you that and they are not dodging Clarkrange who they will beat at least twice this year. Why play Cookeville 3 times? We will beat them everytime we play them, same goes for Clarkrange this year. It has zero to do with dodging Clarkrange. It is about playing different competition and getting better and it was agreed upon that we would not play Clarkrange or Cookeville during these 3 days of games. You want a trophy at Christmas? Buy one and feel warm and fuzzy, because you would not have beaten Jackson County. :popcorneater:[/quot. e] Ahhhh, well said.