Dobyns-Bennett Basketball.

tennesseestud2013

Is Crockett still ranked 5th haven't found the recent rankings?

Yes     http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/02/08/associated-press-high-school-basketball-rankings/80016444/

Since 1970 Crockett has been a bottom feeder in most all sports, and now all of a sudden they are a serious threat to win a basketball title.     Way to go Pioneers, bring back the bacon to NET

Well that was close, it was 22 not 25.     But wait, Crockett is ranked in the top 10 in the state, so very few teams are going to be able to hang with them.      No shame in this loss, Crockett is going to win out the next 2 games to head into the playoffs with the only losses to non-Tennessee teams.

No shame in this loss? DB, most wins in the state (all time) I'm not sure where they stand in the nation now, I think at least top two in all time wins. Losing by 22 to anybody is pretty close to a blow out. Crockett may be top 10 but a seriously doubt they will make it past the first game in the state tourney. There is shame in this loss.

Yes http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/02/08/associated-press-high-school-basketball-rankings/80016444/

Since 1970 Crockett has been a bottom feeder in most all sports, and now all of a sudden they are a serious threat to win a basketball title. Way to go Pioneers, bring back the bacon to NET

Their baseball team puts a darn good product on field every few years. And I seriously doubt Crockett is a "serious threat" to win the championship. It would probably only be a mild upset if they lost sub-state. Just cause they put up a gawdy record beating up on local teams doesn't mean they are world beaters. Kind of reminds me of those Erwin teams that won 28+ games but never made it to state in the middle of the last decade.

DB, most wins in the state (all time) I'm not sure where they stand in the nation now

I see this thrown around alot, but isn't that to be expected when they have been playing basketball for almost 100 years and perpetually one of the largest schools in the area? How many losses have they accumulated over the years? Just curious.

Their baseball team puts a darn good product on field every few years. And I seriously doubt Crockett is a "serious threat" to win the championship. It would probably only be a mild upset if they lost sub-state. Just cause they put up a gawdy record beating up on local teams doesn't mean they are world beaters. Kind of reminds me of those Erwin teams that won 28+ games but never made it to state in the middle of the last decade.

You could be right about winning locally and then choking around Knoxville, but it's nice to see them doing so well after such a draught.    I guess we'll see in a few weeks.   And no, I'm not a Crockett fan but still good to see this happening.

I see this thrown around alot, but isn't that to be expected when they have been playing basketball for almost 100 years and perpetually one of the largest schools in the area? How many losses have they accumulated over the years? Just curious.

So you are looking for excuses for why DB has the most wins in the state? Just curious. DB is not the oldest high school in Tennessee so using your method any high school that's older should have more wins. Right? The size of the school makes no difference.

So you are looking for excuses for why DB has the most wins in the state? Just curious. DB is not the oldest high school in Tennessee so using your method any high school that's older should have more wins. Right? The size of the school makes no difference.

Get your panties out if a wad Jacko. I simply asked what the overall record is. No need to get defensive.

But if you think enrollment size makes no difference , you are high off your little hiney. One might even say "Wacko."

Yes http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/02/08/associated-press-high-school-basketball-rankings/80016444/

Since 1970 Crockett has been a bottom feeder in most all sports, and now all of a sudden they are a serious threat to win a basketball title. Way to go Pioneers, bring back the bacon to NET

Thanks for the support Blazer I just hope they can keep rolling and get to Murfreesboro and see what happens from there . It would be huge foe Crockett and the Jonesborough community. If they do get to State I think Patrick is gonna put on a show probably has a chip on his shoulder from getting snubbed on Mr Basketball.

Edited by Coach423T