TN 7v7 Select

TGUN

For 300 to travel and experience players outside of TN I have no problem taking a little risk......my son as he has always done will compete to play....

Just seems to me a lot of unknown.. You usually don't have that many teams in a spring 7v7 circuit, yet I've heard there are 3 teams that will travel. It seems steep when you put the total numbers together..

Ive heard rumblings that some kids didn't make it because they couldn't afford the 300 bucks up front, which it'd true is sad.

I don't think Buck Fitzgerald is involved with this 7v7 group.. Not 100% sure though

Edited by HighLife

for clarity no one asked for the 300 upfront......

Just seems to me a lot of unknown.. You usually don't have that many teams in a spring 7v7 circuit, yet I've heard there are 3 teams that will travel. It seems steep when you put the total numbers together..

Ive heard rumblings that some kids didn't make it because they couldn't afford the 300 bucks up front, which it'd true is sad.

I don't think Buck Fitzgerald is involved with this 7v7 group.. Not 100% sure though

Something like this seems to be more of a distraction and of little benefit. 

Players should be working-out together in the off season and can get a lot out of competing in 7-on-7's as a team. 

If you want to spend money on individual improvement for QB's, WR's, and RB's I would look at NFA (National Football Academies). This is a great program that my son participated in twice a year while in middle and high school.

Something like this seems to be more of a distraction and of little benefit. 

Players should be working-out together in the off season and can get a lot out of competing in 7-on-7's as a team. 

If you want to spend money on individual improvement for QB's, WR's, and RB's I would look at NFA (National Football Academies). This is a great program that my son participated in twice a year while in middle and high school.

Distraction? I do believe players should work out together, but anybody who's been around HS football knows its hard to get 20-25 kids to commit to 7v7, especially during dead period when HS coaches can orchestrate. Some play other sports, others are just not as committed. My son has been to NFA, Manning Passing Academy, FBU, and several others. There are some good things to take with you, but nothing can replace getting the opportunity to compete with some of the best players in the mid-state during practice, and line up against other state's players during the tournaments. And to clarify, my son was at try outs and there was no money asked for upfront. Very competitive, organized event with some tremendous talent at every position.

Funny how I ask if anyone knew someone or had a child participate and all I get is comments regarding personal opinion without statements of a players experience....

From what I have seen so far there really does not seem to be a downside.... Great competition, chance to meet other players they would never be exposed to and go play outside of TN with what will in all probability some serious competition

Tgun seems like you already had your opinion and posted on here to get "exposure."

Funny how ur comment could be no farther from the truth than it is..... My son was selected and I have no ties to anyone who is managing coaching etc this group....

Simply wanted to know if anyone knew someone or had a child selected as to what they though....

• 2 weeks later...

How many College coaches offer players at colleg camps? The college camps are ran with a 7v7 format.  Even the OL/DL competitions are based on the passing game.   Players that are doing 7v7 are getting themselves prepared to go to camps more than they realize. If you look at the amount of skill players playing 7v7 and those that are not, then you will see who's getting offers and who's not. The % of players that are playing 7v7 are much higher % getting Scholarships now.  

The term exposure is over rated in many aspects of football combines though.  If you want to look at a Money Racket then look at the combines, now that is the money racket!!

• Like 1