Best Overall in The State

steelerfan32

They can't police Memphis that's why they allow open enrollment. Aka a free pass to recruit from wherever you want but you let ONE kid try to move somewhere in the county systems and the family has to jump through hoops or the kid is penalized!

You didn't even come close to answering my questions.

Many school district allow open enrollment. Dyer County has been getting kids from Dyersburg Middle School for years (2007 or so) Kids from Lake County go to Dyer County and Dyersburg all the time. I lived in Obion County and attended Dyer County Schools my whole life. Because the schools were closer to my home.

We've got students at Germantown that could hit Cordova High School with a rock from their front door. But they're zoned for us. Sometimes things make no sense when it comes to zones.

UCSportsfan you really crack me up. So since we are recruiting please turn us a in. You sit behind a key board and questions people character in their profession. If your school won state titles, get their players qualified for college, have an overall team GPA of 3.48, and does hours of community service then maybe parents would want their kids are n your program. Mitchell does not recruit. Parents choose to enroll their kids are n Mitchell. I do need a your help my 4 year old granddaughter is back in California now. I really miss her whining can you please pay me a visit. I need to hear some whining.

Two reasons. At the end of 2008 we had 1200 kids. Not trying to sound arrogant but two things happened the former principal who was the driving force in our academics and myself who led athletics we both retired. The new principal came in and the school stopped being student friendly. By 2011 the school and as down to 500 students. At that time a new charter school Open in the community and another hit was taken. In the fall of 2011 a new principal came back in who is a Mitchell alum. He asked me to come out of retirement andbI agreed to give him 4 years which I did. The academics were horrible again and the kids were out of control. Things started improving and our academic are catching up but we have far to go. Enrollment has picked back up. When the classifications came out 2 years ago we were at 1A numbers. Also bringing in Faragi Phillips as BB coach expedited our rise in basketball. I retired again in June but I believe our growth will continue. I love my Alma Mater Mitchell High School.

• Upvote 1

UCSportsfan you really crack me up. So since we are recruiting please turn us a in. You sit behind a key board and questions people character in their profession. If your school won state titles, get their players qualified for college, have an overall team GPA of 3.48, and does hours of community service then maybe parents would want their kids are n your program. Mitchell does not recruit. Parents choose to enroll their kids are n Mitchell. I do need a your help my 4 year old granddaughter is back in California now. I really miss her whining can you please pay me a visit. I need to hear some whining.

You sir insult everyone's intelligence by insinuating your program doesn't. Tell me why does Memphis have open enrollment? Why would you not zone this city so as to ensure kids aren't passed around from first one school and then another? You have professed yourself to be an educator so why the open enrollment? I too have a granddaughter and I would never say she whines. She is beautiful and a gift from God. It seems we have different views all the way around don't we?

Edited by UCSportsFan

Open enrollment allows a student leaving middle school to enroll at any High School. Once they enroll they are locked info that school unless the parent moves. Winning programs attracts the best players. If a parent shows up with their 9th grade child of course we will take the child. We also receive top academic students you are not whining about that. Recruiting means that you contact the parent. We do not do that. Since You viewing all Memphis schools as cheaters is like me calling everyone in your town including you a racist Hick. I don't believe you are like that so don't judge me.

Open enrollment allows a student leaving middle school to enroll at any High School. Once they enroll they are locked info that school unless the parent moves. Winning programs attracts the best players. If a parent shows up with their 9th grade child of course we will take the child. We also receive top academic students you are not whining about that. Recruiting means that you contact the parent. We do not do that. Since You viewing all Memphis schools as cheaters is like me calling everyone in your town including you a racist Hick. I don't believe you are like that so don't judge me.

Let me ask you a serious question. You strike me as an educated man so why is it all of a sudden acceptable for a black person to use a racial slur but if a white person does he/she is labeled racist? All of a sudden since this president has been in office it's been ok to be anything but white and a Christian or a officer of the law. When I entered the Marine Corps we have 2 colors. Want to guess what they are? Light green and dark green that's it. You really don't know me all you see is what you read and interpret and you assume my tone is derogatory when in most cases it's not. I realize you said you didn't think I was a racist hick and you would be correct but by saying those words you hint that I could be.