14-A Top 6 Spots Very Tough

BABABA

This could be the toughest district in the state with 6 teams that can win on any given night. Gibson is probably still the favorite, but teams are playing them down to the last seconds. Peabody went to GC and had them on the ropes but GC came away with the win by 3 points this past Thursday. With only a few weeks left before tournament time how do you think the top 4 teams will finish? Here's my picks. Top 6 spots are wide open though.

1. Gibson County

2. Peabody

3. Union City

4. Bradford

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be the toughest district in the state with 6 teams that can win on any given night. Gibson is probably still the favorite, but teams are playing them down to the last seconds. Peabody went to GC and had them on the ropes but GC came away with the win by 3 points this past Thursday. With only a few weeks left before tournament time how do you think the top 4 teams will finish? Here's my picks. Top 6 spots are wide open though.

1. Gibson County

2. Peabody

3. Union City

4. Bradford

I don't think there is any doubt GC is far and way best in the district. They have played a few close games. Only once has it come down to the last few possessions and that was Thursday against Trenton when they hit a 3 with about 3 seconds left to make it a 3 point game. Closest game we have played and Trenton plays us as good as anyone. But they have lost some games I don't understand. This week will decide a lot as GC goes to UC and Greenfield. Can pretty much clinch first if it's not already clinched. I see them turning it to another level come tournament time.

1. Gibson County

2. Bradford

3. Peabody

4. Union City.

I'm gonna disagree on toughest district in the state as well. I could easily see GC being the only team to get out of first round of the region. But I also wouldn't be surprised for all four to win. Just too inconsistent to be considered the best.

It is not the toughest but probably one of the more competitive. I have a bad feeling about Gibson County possibly stumbling in the Region finals and having to travel to Middleton for sub-state. Hope I am wrong. They deserve a trip to the Boro.

Worried a little about that as well. If they don't turn it up a little here in the last few weeks it could definitely be a problem.

GC has beat some good teams badly: Liberty twice, Westview, South Side, Chester County, Houston County, Bradford. They are comfortably in 1st place in the district regular season race. Yeah is Gibson County kinda going through the motions at times yes. They beat Trinity by two at Oman and beat Liberty the next night in the finals by 25. So, I think they are saving themselves for a late season run. When District and Region play comes, you will see the GC team that beat South Side by 25 and Liberty by 25 hit the floor, IMO. Can they lose to a Dresden, Peabody or a Bradford in the tournament, absolutely, because they are good teams. But GC hadn't forgot the Riverside game last year. A couple of things I have noticed about GC that got them beat against Riverside last year is that they have rebounded well and had very few TO's and created TO's against quality competition this year. I hadn't hit the panic button yet.

GC has beat some good teams badly: Liberty twice, Westview, South Side, Chester County, Houston County, Bradford. They are comfortably in 1st place in the district regular season race. Yeah is Gibson County kinda going through the motions at times yes. They beat Trinity by two at Oman and beat Liberty the next night in the finals by 25. So, I think they are saving themselves for a late season run. When District and Region play comes, you will see the GC team that beat South Side by 25 and Liberty by 25 hit the floor, IMO. Can they lose to a Dresden, Peabody or a Bradford in the tournament, absolutely, because they are good teams. But GC hadn't forgot the Riverside game last year. A couple of things I have noticed about GC that got them beat against Riverside last year is that they have rebounded well and had very few TO's and created TO's against quality competition this year. I hadn't hit the panic button yet.

What are your thoughts on the game coming up this Saturday at Chester County?  They appear to be much improved and to me, look like the only team that has a chance to beat GC in the regular season.

I would take Chester County because GC is just asking to be beat right now the way they are playing. All the players are going through the motions. The players know it too. The laughing, giggling playing around with teams. It is driving Coach Wilkens crazy. At this point, I am hoping Chester County wins to wake them up. If I would have been Coach Wilkens at UC Tues. Night, I would have pulled all five starters for a half and see if they woke up. I still think they turn the light switch on in two weeks, but it is very obvious they are playing to the level of their competition.

I would take Chester County because GC is just asking to be beat right now the way they are playing. All the players are going through the motions. The players know it too. The laughing, giggling playing around with teams. It is driving Coach Wilkens crazy. At this point, I am hoping Chester County wins to wake them up. If I would have been Coach Wilkens at UC Tues. Night, I would have pulled all five starters for a half and see if they woke up. I still think they turn the light switch on in two weeks, but it is very obvious they are playing to the level of their competition.

Completely agree. I said the same thing. We will lose at Chester co Saturday is my call. Hopefully it is what it takes to get them going. Or maybe they turn it up then and beat a solid team on the road.