Official Thread: Miss Basketball Nominations for 2015-2016

CoachT

I am asking the committee to consider Riverdale HS junior Anastasia Hayes on your AAA Miss Basketball Ballot. She is currently averaging 20.2 points per game, 4.7 assists per game, 5.5 rebounds per game and 2.9 steals per game. She has right at 1800 career points at the end of January. Our team is currently ranked #2 in the state as well as #15 in the national polls . Riverdale plays a very hard schedule, and is in arguably the toughest district in the state being 7-AAA. ESPN considers Anastasia the #7 guard in the US, and the #20 player overall in the country for the class of 2017.  http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/206908/anastasia-hayes .  She has multiple D1 offers including South Carolina, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Florida & Kentucky. Thanks for your consideration.

+1

I feel that Taylor Lamb is a perfect candidate for the Class A Miss Basketball award. Taylor is a 5'10' sophomore at South Greene High School. She led her team to a Final Four appearance in 2015 as a freshman. She was also selected to the all state and all tournament team that year. She now leads the No. 4 South Greene in her sophomore season. She is only 51 points from reaching 1000 and 37 rebounds from 500. She averages 16.3 points, 6.9 rebound, and 2 steals per game. Taylor Lamb is looking to lead her team to a 28th state tournament appearance and a 5th state championship.

I second this. Taylor Lamb deserves the nomination. She is a phenomenal team player.

Single A - Chelsea Perry from Middleton or Taylor Lamb from South Greene

Double A - Marosite from Elizabethton

Triple A - Crystal Dangerfield should win. Anastasia Hayes from Riverdale and Miyah Barnes from Memphis Central should be the other two.

D.2-A - Anna Jones from Univ. School of Jackson

D.2-AA - Bria Dial from Brentwood Academy or Taylor Barnes from St. Benedict

Micah Scheetz for D2A. Recently just passed the 2,000 point mark and is on pace to catch Glory Johnson for all time leading scorer. If you haven't seen her play she is literally a highlight reel waiting to happen. Averaging 22 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists this season. Won Miss Basketbball in 2014.

Single A - Chelsea Perry from Middleton or Taylor Lamb from South Greene

Double A - Marosite from Elizabethton

Triple A - Crystal Dangerfield should win. Anastasia Hayes from Riverdale and Miyah Barnes from Memphis Central should be the other two.

D.2-A - Anna Jones from Univ. School of Jackson

D.2-AA - Bria Dial from Brentwood Academy or Taylor Barnes fromSt. Benedict

This is probably 80% right!  I would say 100% but there is always a surprise or two.