6AAA 2016

smpanthers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping for a region birth. We haven't been since 2010.

Well, believe me, after watching Warren County play yesterday against Rhea County and White County, you just as well, should know Warren County WILL NOT be going to the Regional Tournament!  They looked like the bad news bears.  Don't know where their athletes were, but they weren't at the District Tournament!  Warren County GOT DRILLED by Rhea County 15-0 and had to turn around and play White County in the losers bracket.  Are you kidding me - White County almost beat them, but the game ended 3-1 in favor of Warren County.  If it hadn't been for two stupid plays at home - sending runners home when the ball was five feet from the infield, and getting them thrown out, White County could have beaten Warren.  Warren WAS ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS in this District along with Cookeville, but they just as well go home if that is all they have left.  Just unreal. 

Edited by softballtheonlygame

As bad as I hate to agree with u ur right. Rhea county is in ther head bad. They did okay better tonight at least they hit the ball. Play the loser of Cookeville rhea next game and if they don't bring ther A game they might as well stay home. I know warren is better than they showed Monday night .

Well, believe me, after watching Warren County play yesterday against Rhea County and White County, you just as well, should know Warren County WILL NOT be going to the Regional Tournament!  They looked like the bad news bears.  Don't know where their athletes were, but they weren't at the District Tournament!  Warren County GOT DRILLED by Rhea County 15-0 and had to turn around and play White County in the losers bracket.  Are you kidding me - White County almost beat them, but the game ended 3-1 in favor of Warren County.  If it hadn't been for two stupid plays at home - sending runners home when the ball was five feet from the infield, and getting them thrown out, White County could have beaten Warren.  Warren WAS ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS in this District along with Cookeville, but they just as well go home if that is all they have left.  Just unreal. 

Wow harsh words for Warren Co. You were the one that had us believing Warren was going to the region. You sure jumped off the bandwagon fast. After 1 bad lost. A loss 15-0 and 1-0 is still a loss. White Co beat Rhea this season, Cookeville beat Cumberland in extra innings this season. Every team is going to have a bad game. It's high school kids playing sports. Warren Co has come along way in 2 years. They have a big challenge ahead today. Rhea Co and Cookeville are the best 2 teams in the district this year. Warren Co. should be excited to have this opportunity tonight. Next year Warren should make some real noise in the district. They have played Freshman in key positions this season (pitcher & SS). Some days are good and some are not so good. So they still have a chance. That's all they can ask for.  Can't make it tonight but I will be rooting for Warren Co. 

First of all, I haven't jumped on anybody's band wagon or jumped off anybody's band wagon.  I say it like it is and really could care less if someone doesn't like hearing the truth.

I have seen Cookeville, Rhea County and Warren County play over five times each this year and Cookeville and Warren County are the two best overall teams in the District.  Rhea County has some issues.  They have some really good individual players but team wise Warren is better.  

I watched Warren play Rhea and White at Stone and they were not the same team as I have seen through out the year.  They were sloppy, not ready to play or thought they automatically had the games won.  Completely out of sorts.  They had no big bats against pitchers they should have taken to the cleaners.  

Last year, Warren didn't want to "be there" at the tournament and they were almost beaten by White and it turned out they look like the same team on Monday.

Now, like I said, I say it like I see it and do not jump on or off a band wagon.  I do not like people  who think they are entitled and too many of these kids think that.  When you have a senior who is no better than they were as a freshman, then it is time for them to go on and do something else and I see that all the time with these kids who lay down and don't try to get better.  Whoever goes to the Region, and it should be Cookeville and Warren, neither will be able to do much of anything against Ootawah, or however you spell it, or Soddy.  

To "softballtheonlygame".

I love that you tell it like you see it. The problem is you see it wrong. Cookeville and Rhea are the two best teams in the district hands down. Rhea beat Warren 15-0, and you say Warren is better? Definitely not the case. Every time Cookeville has played Rhea it has been competitive. Not having a chance against ooltewah or Soddy? Also incorrect. I've seen all these girls play for years. Cookeville or Rhea will have to have good games, but both of them can compete with those teams. Warren has improved from last year, but still has a long way to go. Also, Rhea Co. Does have some issues, but top to bottom they have a lot of talented players. Rhea should dominate the district next year.

First let me say that I do believe warren is better that what they showed in the 15-0 loss to rhea. They played two really close games in the season one of which was played with only 3 starters. Now second rhea has weak spots and so does Cookeville I mean warren came back from a 8-1 deficient to go 8 innings and pull within 1 run with a near 2 run explode home run. The impressive thing in that game was Warren county didn't jus lay down they fought back. Rhea has speed and if Warren county can come up with a game plan for that then I think they have a chance. Also Warren needs to hit consistently something they don't do every game. Lastly I do think the district opens up more next year and don't count any of the teams out. Good luck to all three teams left in the district no matter who goes on from here.