AAA State Duals Predictions

Bump11

One difference maker in this tournament was two heavy hitters MIA for Beech. 12 pt swing and little wind out of their sails.

They, The Bucks,should be back for individuals, Stewart's Creek could break the to ten, a little consolation for the dual set back.

As far as the duals, very impressive finish for easy Tennessee's performance!! Big and small schools.

I didn't notice anyone missing from the beech lineup.. Atleast not since Christmas. There was one big name that hasn't been around, I think was injured maybe? But the line up they had has been the same since then. Not sure what 2 kids you speak of.

I didn't notice anyone missing from the beech lineup.. Atleast not since Christmas. There was one big name that hasn't been around, I think was injured maybe? But the line up they had has been the same since then. Not sure what 2 kids you speak of.

I still don't think the state placer they were missing would have been enough for them to beat either Chattanooga team. It was awesome to see 2 of their teams in the finals again with Soddy keeping Wilson Central out this year. I think Cleveland probably would of took third as well. As for Beech's state placer, I was wondering what happened to him too. It may not be true but I heard he quit for a little while and then wasn't allowed back on the team when he tried to come back. The funny thing is Bradley was is the same situation and let Adkins back after not being there all year. Kudos to coach Smith for giving Adkins a second chance. Looks like it didn't hurt them to bad. These kids make mistakes all the time and should always be given another chance in my opinion. Congrats to Bradley and Soddy. I can't wait to see if Bradley, Soddy, and Cleveland can finish top 3 in 2 weeks.

One difference maker in this tournament was two heavy hitters MIA for Beech. 12 pt swing and little wind out of their sails.

They, The Bucks,should be back for individuals, Stewart's Creek could break the to ten, a little consolation for the dual set back.

As far as the duals, very impressive finish for easy Tennessee's performance!! Big and small schools.

I still don't think the state placer they were missing would have been enough for them to beat either Chattanooga team. It was awesome to see 2 of their teams in the finals again with Soddy keeping Wilson Central out this year. I think Cleveland probably would of took third as well. As for Beech's state placer, I was wondering what happened to him too. It may not be true but I heard he quit for a little while and then wasn't allowed back on the team when he tried to come back. The funny thing is Bradley was is the same situation and let Adkins back after not being there all year. Kudos to coach Smith for giving Adkins a second chance. Looks like it didn't hurt them to bad. These kids make mistakes all the time and should always be given another chance in my opinion. Congrats to Bradley and Soddy. I can't wait to see if Bradley, Soddy, and Cleveland can finish top 3 in 2 weeks.

Am I missing something here? Beech didn't place. No disrespect to Beech but they were 2 rounds from placing, regardless of who was missing or who didn't show up, Beech didn't lose those matches--those matches were WON by the other teams. It's time to give credit to the teams who stepped up and WON them. Both Science Hill and Gibbs stepped up to the plate and got the job done against Beech. So rather than making excuses and trying to figure out a way to justify why we were wrong in our predictions, let's also step up to the plate and congratulate those teams who figured out a way to win matches.

Also can we stop beating the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" drum with Cleveland. They didn't make it, so no matter what you "think," they were not a top 3 dual team this year.

Great respect to Price and now with Miller taking their underclassmen to the level they are now. A lot of hard work!!

Tennessee High, Greenville, Halls, Gibbs, Alcoa, Pigeon Forge, Heritage, a huge Bradley come back and a recent transformation with Soddy and Red Bank ....very impressive.

Kudos to all these East Tn teams and love what Arlington has been working toward on the west side.

to say that a state placer and one of the top 3 or 4 guys at his weight wouldn't make a difference in a 2 point match and a tie is a bit absurd. Maybe not as much as winning state, but placing with him is a huge possibility and probably what wouldn't happened. We will never know what would've happened, but you have to think he would've made a difference. As far as whether or not he quit, or was not let back... We don't know the details so for you to subliminally take a shot at beechs coach for not "giving a 2nd chance" is also a little messed up. That's awesome that coach smith did that for Adkins, but these are 2 completely different situations, 2 completely different programs, and 2 completely different coaches with different rules. We don't know what the deal was with the beech kid and maybe it was something that was deemed bad enough to not be brought back. We don't know. But to say, " oh well Bradley had the same situation but coach smith let him come back so how nice of him" sounds like you're taking a shot at beech for possibly not allowing said wrestler to come back. Which is wrong. especially when you don't know the situation or any details Edited by Bump11

Something I liked from a huge supporter and parent at Blackman (Matt Sells) I'm gonna share a small piece, with some adaptation, for some that may appreciate right now...

There are a total of 178 wrestling high schools in Tennessee. Your team may be ...one of only sixteen class AAA high schools who qualified to compete at the 2016 TN State Duals this weekend at the Williamson County Ag Center in Franklin, TN. ...think about that for a second. In AAA, there are 92 AAA schools who offer wrestling, so making it to state duals means that your team did something that 76 other AAA schools did not. That’s a lot of people sitting home wishing they were in Franklin competing!

Congrats to all the teams that just made it!!!