Tab Vowell Resigns at Jackson North Side

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4thq...All of this could be why they're looking for a new coach? I'm confused. They did not rehire a coach to bring Gillard in so that he could be the next coach? Was North Side admin wanting Vowell out?

That's what he is pretty much saying. Booting a guy out that is averaging 10+ wins over the last 4 seasons is pretty hard to do.

HEY! Let me call my buddy at who is the principal at Alcoa to see if I can be an assistant for the Tornados in 2016, and then lets force Coach Rankin out and therefore I can be the head coach in 2017!!! Sounds like a great plan to me!

Doesn't make sense on why they do that to one of the most successful coaches in the area.

4thq...All of this could be why they're looking for a new coach? I'm confused. They did not rehire a coach to bring Gillard in so that he could be the next coach? Was North Side admin wanting Vowell out?

Not like it has never happened...Coach Bland was treated in similar fashion at Humboldt after maintaining a high level of wins for too long without making it to Cookeville. Administration get's used to a certain level of success, and assumes that making a coaching change will improve the program. In my personal opinion, 10 wins or better should never be taken for granted...it is much more likely that the next four years win total goes down from the previous four.

I was told Gillard is the man. I think this is why he came in when he did and another coach was not hired back. All of this could be why NS is looking for a new coach.

This is comical. Vowell was certainly not let go at North Side. Gillard was hired when another coach left on his own last summer. So whomever you heard your news from must be a large fan of conspiracy theories. You are free to believe what you want. But this could not be farther from the truth...

Edited by rebels86

This is comical. Vowell was certainly not let go at North Side. Gillard was hired when another coach left on his own last summer. So whomever you heard your news from must be a large fan of conspiracy theories. You are free to believe what you want. But this could not be farther from the truth...