clay co vs jackson co

dogfn

Hats off to JC. They came ready to play in the first half. Clay went into halftime down 14 and looking sloppy. They came into the second half fired up and Key showed why he deserves to be in the Mr. Basketball talk. A dunk off an ally oop gave Clay the momentum.

JC played solid all game and thus deserved the win. Clay had a chance to win up 2 with the ball and 9 seconds left but a turnover plagued night killed them including a big one at the end of regulation. Hats off to JC #11 for making a last second tough shot to tie the game to force OT.

It was an exciting game to watch. Clay just needs to take the loss and learn from it. I expect these two teams to be facing each other in the district and region champ and would expect both to make it to state. It always tough to beat a team 3 times.

Edited by Shozen

Hats off to JC. They came ready to play in the first half. Clay went into halftime down 14 and looking sloppy. They came into the second half fired up and Key showed why he deserves to be in the Mr. Basketball talk. A dunk off an ally oop gave Clay the momentum.

JC played solid all game and thus deserved the win. Clay had a chance to win up 2 with the ball and 9 seconds left but a turnover plagued night killed them including a big one at the end of regulation. Hats off to JC #11 for making a last second tough shot to tie the game to force OT.

It was an exciting game to watch. Clay just needs to take the loss and learn from it. I expect these two teams to be facing each other in the district and region champ and would expect both to make it to state. It always tough to beat a team 3 times.

There was no doubt Clay was going to make a run in the 2nd half.  They are just too good of a team not to and Rob is a great coach.  The atmosphere was special as both fan bases are loud and proud.  The boys from Jackson County played well tonight and it will take that kind of effort every night going forward if they are to advance in the tournaments.  There isn't much separation in the top 4 teams in 7A, so one bad night and you could be on the wrong end of the scoreboard.  Key is the best player in the Upper Cumberland, the kid is a class act.  He had two spectacular dunks and one with the game on the line that brought the crowd to their feet.  However that isn't what impresses me about this kid, what I'm impressed with is his attitude.  He didn't try to show out or make it about him, he simply got back on defense and went about his business.  In a world of athletes that try to make the game about themselves this kid stands out as a Class act and there is no doubt in my mind he will do great things in life.  I thought Phillips from Jackson County brought his A game to the floor tonight.  He was on a mission and it showed.  Congrats to Clay County on winning the District this year.  Now lets do this 3 more times! :popcorneater: