East Hickman coaching vacancy

ath

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you not name a coach so he can have spring ball? A spring is very important for a new Coach.

A wise coach would want to know who the new super is BEFORE he took the job.  The right one could make it a great job.  The wrong one could make it the opposite.  Much more important than one spring practice for the long term success of a program.

choose-wisely.jpg?w=200&h=160

The Super that is there now protected this guy that just resigned , now the super is fired and not being retained, this joke of a coach sees the writing on the wall, he knows he will be GONE as soon as a Supt comes in, but who they will choose is the big question, the small town politics will play a big factor in this decision. They don't like going outside the circle of the "Church on the hill " in Centerville, but may have to if they want a quality Candidate to run the School system fair and require positive results from the students. The guy ( Jerry Nash) who was in there was a tyrant who only cared about numbers reported to the state. He had many School board members immediate families working for the school system, if the School board did something he did not like the family member Employee paid the price. This allowed Supt. Nash to become a rogue tyrant, It was messed up but the School board finally did the right thing and ousted him. with that action King ( Gator boy) is out as well, he saved face by leaving because I assure you he was the first one who will be stripped of his coach title. Hickman is a dirty good ole boy political county but its changing, too many new outsiders are moving in, stopping the old timers that lived only in Hickman their entire life and resisted change. East Hickman could of made noise from the beginning, but lots of turmoil and the best years they would of had was when this guy ( King) was coaching, he destroyed a good thing.The feeder School was East Hickman Middle which was many times over MTAC champions, and many of those seasons undefeated and unrivled This School developed great atheletes for the next level, However Coach Harris who at the time was the Middle School coach,had a great program formed , it outshined the high School program ran by King. Jealousy ensued and eventually King got Harris out of the picture by some very dirty deeds. After Harris left he went to another State and coached a High School team with several years of zero wins, he turned the program around. And the team actually began to win. When Harris left the Middle school the program fell on its face and I do not think they have won any games ( if they did very few) since. Participation went from many to few. Its sad that 2 men caused this, and the ramifications are irreversible. I hope the best for the program ( whats left of it) And a good Supt. will be the start of a long road to repair. I would love to see Harris return, but who knows. The Community will support the team but in this County . But a good Supt. is key.

Edited by headfake4u

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are pretty brutal on the previous guy. I understand you might not be happy with results of the program but dang y'all just went in on the guy

I don't say much on here, but what the people over at East don't realize is that Coach King is very knowledgeable of the game.  He is a good football coach.  It is hard to get anything done when you are constantly being battered by the community.  Good luck to East.  I hope All ends well for everyone.

I do believe that Coach King is a good man that wanted nothing more than to bring a winning program to East Hickman. He got his chance and never really got it done. Hearing two or three posters bash him does not mean the whole community feels their way. Lots in the community are sorry for him leaving.