Gibson County 2016

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's him. I've heard several positive things about him. What can you say about him? Can he win here?

He didn't have a lot talent at Cheatham Co. But he really made strides there. Boys spent a lot of time in the weight room. He will make your boys more physical that's for sure.

Hey did you get the scoop on the choir director??

He didn't have a lot talent at Cheatham Co. But he really made strides there. Boys spent a lot of time in the weight room. He will make your boys more physical that's for sure.

I'll ask around tonight. At the region girls basketball game. I heard the same thing about him as a coach. I was told his teams were physical and did a good job running the veer option.

I'll ask around tonight. At the region girls basketball game. I heard the same thing about him as a coach. I was told his teams were physical and did a good job running the veer option.

Exactly right. I think the veer would be a great offense for you guys to run. If he is interested I hope you guys land him.

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly right. I think the veer would be a great offense for you guys to run. If he is interested I hope you guys land him.

I've been following the girls basketball team's state championship game run. Yesterday at the game I was told that he did interview and that there is interest from both sides. Hopefully there will be an announcement made soon.

Hey BigPurple that Finley fella is a good one. He hasn't produced in Dover (HC's big rival) but no one has since they lost Coach Holiday a couple years back. I've met Finley and his guys play real hard for him, would be a big hire for Gibson County and I think he would be great to get something going there. He's real country so those boys better wear camo to practice and that's reality.

I've said it for a few years, so I'll say it again...all you Pioneer fans need is "that guy" to keep area kids at home rather than going to play at SG, Trenton, Humboldt, or Milan. Facilities are great, as is fan support. A coach that can "sell" the idea that GC is on the rise (and coach a little), has the opportunity to begin a solid tradition there...with the improvements made in the last two or three seasons, the time is right.

Hey BigPurple that Finley fella is a good one. He hasn't produced in Dover (HC's big rival) but no one has since they lost Coach Holiday a couple years back. I've met Finley and his guys play real hard for him, would be a big hire for Gibson County and I think he would be great to get something going there. He's real country so those boys better wear camo to practice and that's reality.

Some CPA posters I talked to when Milan played them in 2012 were really impressed withCheatham Co. They played them tough. That told me all I needed to know about that coach. Hope Gibson Co can get him. He would be the best they have had since John Tucker.