Adamsville boys get penalized for using ineligible player

Macnarry

Adamsville had to self report the action because if they didn't it would have cost them more money.  I talked to the people at TSSAA, Adamsville sent in what they were given from McNairy, TSSAA approved the kid to play, Adamsville played him (just like any other school would have done), then McNairy came back and said they did not put on the official letter head that they sent in that the kid played in the spring/summer, so then TSSAA deamed him eneligable.  This all comes from McNairy sending in a false statement at the very beginning.  If they would have put his actual last day of participation then none of this would have happened. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adamsville had to self report the action because if they didn't it would have cost them more money.  I talked to the people at TSSAA, Adamsville sent in what they were given from McNairy, TSSAA approved the kid to play, Adamsville played him (just like any other school would have done), then McNairy came back and said they did not put on the official letter head that they sent in that the kid played in the spring/summer, so then TSSAA deamed him eneligable.  This all comes from McNairy sending in a false statement at the very beginning.  If they would have put his actual last day of participation then none of this would have happened. 

You can't reason with stupid people! Truth be known, Franks lied & falsified documents on purpose! After the kid was declared eligible and played, McNairy made allegations that we were playing an ineligible kid & submitted the paperwork with the correct dates! I believe this should have resulted in Franks being reprimanded for submitting falsified documents! I have a copy of the letter from the Adamsville AD! They can spin it how they want to; bottom line this was done with the intended result that happened! There won't be a next time!!  

Do not believe it is MCHS fault you violated a rule. Root and Martin's responsibility to cover all bases. They knew the kid played last year at Mcnairy, didn't move residence and they played him. Good look in the mirror will tell you whose fault it is

It's funny that A'ville asked for the Last date of PARTICIPATION and Mcnairy sent the date on an official letter head stating it was the last date of PARTICIPATION!!! This sounds like the McNairy people are just sour towrad Aville because they keep losing their kids to Aville and from what I hear there are more to come next year!

It's funny that A'ville asked for the Last date of PARTICIPATION and Mcnairy sent the date on an official letter head stating it was the last date of PARTICIPATION!!! This sounds like the McNairy people are just sour towrad Aville because they keep losing their kids to Aville and from what I hear there are more to come next year!

+1

Don't think any school would be happy with losing their kids to another school. But its really not about Adamsville being the bad guy, They are just the fortunate one's. But then again I don't think they have anything to boast about, any wining program that gets transfers year after year should be really good.

I don't know what's funnier, this post or Jimmy Fallon. However, I hate it for the kid. Don't know who this kid is, nor should I care, but I always wants what best for the kid. That kid probably grew up playing the sport he loved, didn't like the situation going on at McNairy, so he transferred to Adamsville. The TSSAA needs to change their transferring rules. That's my opinion. If a kid is entering his senior year, he should play at whatever school he wants to go to as long as it in is the same county. Another thing is if a coach leaves, a kid should have the opportunity to leave as well. I know I am going to get a lot of heat for saying that, but that is my opinion. These kids only have 4 years to be a high school athlete, if he/she doesn't like the situation going on, let him/her transfer to another school so he/she can enjoy their senior year. We aren't the NCAA where athletes can be redshirted, and these aren't professional athletes making 6/7 figure salary with endorsements having a 8-12 year playing career. However I said this once and I will say it again. Adamsville needs to worry about their Cardinals and McNairy needs to worry about their Bobcats. The only way for McNairy to be back on the same level as Adamsville (talking about football and possibly other sports) is to hit player development hard. Other than that, this is comical. Worry about your school and do whatever it is best for the kid and make that kid happy. 

P.S. I don't want to see an Adamsville golf player having to sit out because he/she transferred from McNairy (vice versa) in the near future. I won't be surprise if I do see it in the near future.

I don't know what's funnier, this post or Jimmy Fallon. However, I hate it for the kid. Don't know who this kid is, nor should I care, but I always wants what best for the kid. That kid probably grew up playing the sport he loved, didn't like the situation going on at McNairy, so he transferred to Adamsville. The TSSAA needs to change their transferring rules. That's my opinion. If a kid is entering his senior year, he should play at whatever school he wants to go to as long as it in is the same county. Another thing is if a coach leaves, a kid should have the opportunity to leave as well. I know I am going to get a lot of heat for saying that, but that is my opinion. These kids only have 4 years to be a high school athlete, if he/she doesn't like the situation going on, let him/her transfer to another school so he/she can enjoy their senior year. We aren't the NCAA where athletes can be redshirted, and these aren't professional athletes making 6/7 figure salary with endorsements having a 8-12 year playing career. However I said this once and I will say it again. Adamsville needs to worry about their Cardinals and McNairy needs to worry about their Bobcats. The only way for McNairy to be back on the same level as Adamsville (talking about football and possibly other sports) is to hit player development hard. Other than that, this is comical. Worry about your school and do whatever it is best for the kid and make that kid happy. 

P.S. I don't want to see an Adamsville golf player having to sit out because he/she transferred from McNairy (vice versa) in the near future. I won't be surprise if I do see it in the near future.

Transfer rules are easy to find. Like you said ,this is not the NCAA where all the talented kids flock to the elite teams.