Moving to Division II

boxer822

Unfortunately it is both.  The Knox paper article 9/22/16 appears to reveal BA's dissatisfaction with the way the vote and classes were playing out and their possible intent to make the two voting schools pay the price.  Although my school would be crushed as well, I find it (if BA and Ensworth stay in AA) twisted poetic justice for Webb and Lipscomb to have their evil plans dashed upon the rocks of irony and reality!  But for all I know, BA and Ensworth may play up.

What's most likely to y'all?

1. BA and Ensworth Stay DII-AA

2. 1 Goes and 1 Stays

3. Both Go DII-AAA

Don't know who makes the ultimate decision at BA, but at Ensworth, the decision is wholly dependent on a vote by the students.  Since they consider MBA to be their main rival (and, to a lesser extent, BA, Baylor and McCallie) in all sports, I can't see the students voting any way other than to move up.  Ensworth has played against the large D2 schools since its inception (as the result of a prior student vote when the high school was brand new) , so they really have not had the opportunity to build up any other meaningful multi-sport rivalries. 

Edited by RedRobin1

Unfortunately it is both. The Knox paper article 9/22/16 appears to reveal BA's dissatisfaction with the way the vote and classes were playing out and their possible intent to make the two voting schools pay the price. Although my school would be crushed as well, I find it (if BA and Ensworth stay in AA) twisted poetic justice for Webb and Lipscomb to have their evil plans dashed upon the rocks of irony and reality! But for all I know, BA and Ensworth may play up.

If I'm not mistaken there are 3 or 4 schools with more enrollment than Webb. I believe limpscomb is the biggest. So it would be multiple schools going if the divisions had been bracketed different. What would you have liked to see? And who is your school?

I think the fair thing to do would be the distribution recommended by the TSSAA committees and take whatever number of DII schools and divide by 3 so there are approximately the same number in each class.  Therefore, if 45 total, then 15 per class.  Webb would have been on the cusp of AAA/AA and Lipscomb would have been AAA.

I think the fair thing to do would be the distribution recommended by the TSSAA committees and take whatever number of DII schools and divide by 3 so there are approximately the same number in each class. Therefore, if 45 total, then 15 per class. Webb would have been on the cusp of AAA/AA and Lipscomb would have been AAA.

I definitely get that. While I think Webb is better suited for AA I am willing to admit it would be better for D2 overall if it was split a little more evenly. If Knox Catholic came over it would have helped as well.

Man...what's your issue with Lipscomb?  You constantly bash them and I don't get it.  Didn't realize Joslin was looking forward to playing BA and Ensworth every year since his record at PJP was so stellar against them.

I think a lot of people believe Lipscomb's AD manipulated the decision on enrollment numbers for football classifications to his advantage.  Other schools on the borderline (Webb, CPA, etc.) also benefitted ultimately.  He was not the first to do so and won't be the last

JMHO.