Moving to Division II

boxer822

The current proposal is really bad. 9 teams in AAA will provide for a brutal scheduling and travel situation. BA & Ensworth in AA means everyone is playing for 3rd place. I dont blame BA or Ensworth for playing AA one bit though due to said scheduling and travel issues. That A division is brutally bad and will be very non-competitive IMO. Davidson, Friendship, MTCS and possibly DCA (hearing they will be way down starting next year) will dominate that group. Scheduling could be a potential issue for those in A as well as teams will have nothing to gain/everything to lose mentality by playing those small teams. TSSAA has really screwed TN high school football.

The current proposal is really bad. 9 teams in AAA will provide for a brutal scheduling and travel situation. BA & Ensworth in AA means everyone is playing for 3rd place. I dont blame BA or Ensworth for playing AA one bit though due to said scheduling and travel issues. That A division is brutally bad and will be very non-competitive IMO. Davidson, Friendship, MTCS and possibly DCA (hearing they will be way down starting next year) will dominate that group. Scheduling could be a potential issue for those in A as well as teams will have nothing to gain/everything to lose mentality by playing those small teams. TSSAA has really screwed TN high school football.

I may have missed this. Are BA and Ensworth playing in AA for sure next year?

I may have missed this. Are BA and Ensworth playing in AA for sure next year?

This is not decided yet unless I have missed it. They are slotted AA based on enrollment. They have until Tuesday to decide whether they want to play AA or move up to AAA. Both schools have cited scheduling and travel as possible motives to play where they are slotted. 

BA is going to make Lipscomb sweat it out.

Yep. As they should. I initially felt both teams would step up to AAA but it really makes no sense the more I look at it. BA playing 9 games for the 2nd year in a row and having to go out of state to get to 9. Why put yourself in such a tough situation to get games by playing AAA?

thats a terrible thing to say......we were plannin on makin our first trip to Cookeville......reckon 3rd place ant so bad.....Alcoee been stealin out Gold ball and keepin us there for a few years......at least in FB

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

and Goodpasture

Nope, cause Goodpasture didn't have anyone on the board that rigged the set up to benefit them like Lipscomb has tried to.

Division 1 is divided evenly by number of teams over each class. For SOME reason, Division 2 is set up using enrollment numbers conveniently situated right above their own enrollment as a cut off point. C'mon it is what it is.

They could take the top 16 enrollment-wise and make two-8 team regions in the top class. That would eliminate a lot of the  travel and scheduling problems, but then Lipscomb would get slaughtered so that can't happen. Makes too much sense.