District 7A tournament

UCSportsFan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett Co had their chances at the end . Couldn't make a big shot and got some tough calls . Pickett Co showed me last night they can beat Clay . I think all 4 teams win their region games , so we get to do it all over again . Where is the region played ?

Clay co. defense, with about two minutes to play, looked about as good as you will see in single A. 

Pickett Co had their chances at the end . Couldn't make a big shot and got some tough calls . Pickett Co showed me last night they can beat Clay . I think all 4 teams win their region games , so we get to do it all over again . Where is the region played ?

They didn't show they could beat Clay Co because they still lost. What they showed was they could play with Clay. Big difference in beating and playing with.

No one ever doubted Pickett Co couldn't win but it just isn't going to happen. Clay had one of if not their lowest scoring game all year with Key only having 23 as well and Pickett still couldn't close it out. Traveling to Watertown or Goodpasture will be a tough game. I would highly expect one of the two to lose but it could be a 7A sweep.

Edited by Shozen

I'm sure since you follow them that you know more than i do, however i seen enough during this game to know that any of the 4 teams left in 7A can beat them, but as we all know if they get a home game then they will be a tough opponent in Madison.  This isn't the same team of a couple of years ago that's for sure.  Did they lose one of their starters after that game?  They obviously have talent on the team no question there but their talent level isn't any higher and definitely not as high as Clay County's.  We all have to get there first so good luck to you and your team and we'll see you in a week or so.  :popcorneater:

He did not play in the game you were referring to. He has come back and tried to play, but is very limited.

True, they are nowhere near as talented as they were two years ago. They only have two seniors and only one of them plays at all. They start 3 juniors and a soph now along with one senior. I have seen them play very well at times, but I have also seen nights where they could not guard a tree.

Key is a special player for sure. Those don't come along very often. I hope he will stick around for his senior year, but from all the scuttle he is on the way out. Time will tell I guess.

Watertown is up and down. They play with a lot of emotion. When Price is on they can be dangerous.

Either team can play with everyone but Clay. To be honest I see very little difference talent wise in Jackson, Pickett, Clarkrange, H2OTown, and Goodpasture. All have weaknesses that can be exploited. All have different strengths.

Matchups are a funny thing. Anybody can get hot for two days and make the final. Good luck to you.

He did not play in the game you were referring to. He has come back and tried to play, but is very limited.

True, they are nowhere near as talented as they were two years ago. They only have two seniors and only one of them plays at all. They start 3 juniors and a soph now along with one senior. I have seen them play very well at times, but I have also seen nights where they could not guard a tree.

Key is a special player for sure. Those don't come along very often. I hope he will stick around for his senior year, but from all the scuttle he is on the way out. Time will tell I guess.

Watertown is up and down. They play with a lot of emotion. When Price is on they can be dangerous.

Either team can play with everyone but Clay. To be honest I see very little difference talent wise in Jackson, Pickett, Clarkrange, H2OTown, and Goodpasture. All have weaknesses that can be exploited. All have different strengths.

Matchups are a funny thing. Anybody can get hot for two days and make the final. Good luck to you.

What scuttle are you talking about? Key will def. be back at Clay his senior year.

I've heard that CPA is after him hot and heavy but I don't see this young man leaving Clay County to play ball for another school.  We went and watched the Goodpasture/Watertown game and i thought GCS did a good job of taking 24 out of the game. I believe your assessments on the matchups are spot on.  GCS will have a huge advantage at home but either one of the teams that goes there can beat them, as well as Watertown and the home teams can win as well.  I don't see anyone beating Clay, at this point its more of who can come in 2nd in the region and go to VB win.  I am curious about one thing and maybe you can shed some light on it for all of us. Why does the coach for GCS not have his players on the foul line to rebound when his team is shooting?  That's the oddest thing i think i have ever seen.

Edited by UCSportsFan

I've heard that CPA is after him hot and heavy but I don't see this young man leaving Clay County to play ball for another school.  We went and watched the Goodpasture/Watertown game and i thought GCS did a good job of taking 24 out of the game. I believe your assessments on the matchups are spot on.  GCS will have a huge advantage at home but either one of the teams that goes there can beat them, as well as Watertown and the home teams can win as well.  I don't see anyone beating Clay, at this point its more of who can come in 2nd in the region and go to VB win.  I am curious about one thing and maybe you can shed some light on it for all of us. Why does the coach for GCS not have his players on the foul line to rebound when his team is shooting?  That's the oddest thing i think i have ever seen.

Have a couple of overambitious guys who get in foul trouble. Injured player is a post so depth is a problem there. I think he also wanted to limit their transition play. That being said, I have not talked to him about it. I missed Saturday night's game. We were in tag team mode with the kids.I was there Thursday and Friday however. Looks like they limited Price and that is definitely the key against H2O.

Went and saw C-Range vs Jackson County. Jackson was up 15 until Hunter Crouch hit 4 3's in a row. Crouch single handedly won them the game. Even though Key will win our regioms MVP, Crouch is a very good player. Pickett is very talented and had a chance to win. They were winning then Clays big man went on a rampage. Clay is very talented but can be beaten.