2016 Sequatchie Valley Jamboree

FormerMCHSWarrior

My take on the jamboree.

1. Marion County still has the best players in the valley. They are the team to beat. Offensively they are solid, but there is no Walters on the field. Defensively they are at least as good as last season. Kicking game isn't close from last several years. I stick to my prediction. There are no excuses why they shouldn't be in Cookeville.

2. South Pittsburg is much improved at every position. Offensively we are more explosive with several good receivers. I look for a huge season from 10 catching the football which is something we haven't had in awhile. Our RBs are a solid group as well. Line play is also the best it's been since 2013. The kicking game and defense is much improved. I'm excited about the direction the team is headed, but still a long way to go. This team should be hosting Greenback on Thanksgiving weekend with a shot to make it to Cookeville.

3. Sequatchie County is good against the run, but weak va the pass. The defense looks stout, but like another poster said they don't have much speed. The offense isn't as good as last year, but the defense is bigger and stronger. They will have a winning record, but their ceiling is 1 playoff win.

4. Whitwell is improved. The coach has done a nice job of getting kids interested in the program. They don't have much speed either, but I believe have more than Sequatchie. Whitwell could surprise a few. They will finish second in the region and could even win a playoff game, but after that another trip to Columbia would loom and it will be over.

5. Bledsoe County looks to be missing the presence of the big RB from a year ago. They have a chance to win 4 games, but I believe that is the maximum amount of wins they could get in 2016. Bledsoe County will play 10 games and the season will be over. No playoffs for them this season.

6. Silverdale I don't know much about because they won't play us anymore. Personally I wish the valley coaches would tell them they are out of our jamboree since they won't play any of us in the regular season. They are in a tough region with Bledsoe and also only have 10 games from this point forward. They have no chance vs Tyner, Marion, Boyd, Meigs, and Brainerd. They could beat Bledsoe and Polk County. I'm banking on no more than 4 wins for the Seahawks as well.

7. Grundy County is improving, but they are still classified as a very, very low tier team. They could win up to 3 games, but I see no more than that for them this season. They can beat Cannon County and maybe a few more, but anything more than 1 win should be considered a success to be quite honest.

8. Lookout Valley, I mean Richard Hardy, I mean oh forget it. I have no words. Bless their hearts is all I can say. I believe they will beat Sale Creek this season, but that is likely the only win they will see. It will be another long year in Tiftonia and the first of many long years in Richard City. I do admire the kids for strapping on the pads and playing the game they love though.

Well said

The SP quarterback club and other volunteers did a great job getting the field ready (even the Drug Store commercial).  The other stuff - like giveaways - was well done.  Great weather, too.  The wrap-around crowd was better than expected.  I certainly can't recall all the guys I was impressed by, but a few I'd like to see become a Pirate are Grundy's Wingo, Lookout Valley's Ragland, and Whitwell's Shrum.  SP's Ford and Kennemore put on a great show.  No predictions based on a jamboree performance, but, overall, SP and Whitwell have improved, while the others dropped a little.

Thought all teams looked somewhat better except for SP. They looked stronger and quicker than last year team but still think MC wins by td's. The line of Mc will wear down SP by the 4th quarter. They were only teams with any speed. Whitwell was much improved but still lack athletes.

Mc offense will be just fine not as explosive but still very effective.

Old Pirate says theys a HEEP of mess spewing on coacht before and after the jamboree. This skillet head says Jasper is the team to beat since they have been the lead dog the last couple of years. Now, the Warriors are Not near as good as last year, plain & simple. Keys for OP's statement are....the kicking game allowed the Warriors a huge advantage in kickoffs, the loss of Henderson in the return game is major-not replaceable with talent now available. The loss of Walters is the most glaring loss, his ability is not replaceable. Henderson as RB serves as another major obstical. The Warrior defense will again put pleasure on opposing teams, but as All Warrior faithful have loudly boasted for the 2 previous years, God Ross now wears blue. If any is to believe the Jasperlites he is not replaceable either! After all it was never the younguns, but the genius running the D. That all said, look for the Warriors to be 3-4 TDs less productive. Venom served...

Thought all teams looked somewhat better except for SP. They looked stronger and quicker than last year team but still think MC wins by td's. The line of Mc will wear down SP by the 4th quarter. They were only teams with any speed. Whitwell was much improved but still lack athletes.

Mc offense will be just fine not as explosive but still very effective.

I was about to get you, but I saw your correction. LMBO. I do think it will be a four quarter game this season. MC is better in the interior lines than they were in 2015, but Walters, Henderson, and Kicker are tough to replace. Still a very good team in 2016. These people that proclaim a better team overall than last season? No way... That's like SP in 2008 claiming we were better than 2007 after losing Robinson and Weatherspoon. It just doesn't work that way. Edited by TheAmbassador