2016 Sequatchie Valley Jamboree

FormerMCHSWarrior

Most casual observers see a football team as a zero sum group of individuals, hence the emphasis on who is going to replace who. I'm not saying that JH wasn't a great back, he was. But he and LW will be replaced, maybe by more than one player. Two years ago the same people were saying the same things about BZ. All the talk about irreplaceable MC players is really just skillethead wishful thinking. The team will be different but in my mind the production will be more than replaced. Mark my words, Saylors is going to be a goodin'.

We know Saylors is a good back. Blake Zemen was replaced last season, but Marion County didn't have and still doesn't have the special FB like Zemen brought to that position. When I say replaced him I mean with the same quality. Marion County now has a solid FB, but Zemen was special. Marion County now has a solid young QB that could be special, but Walters was special. That's all I'm saying. Marion County is a very good team in 2016, but overall they aren't better than the 2015 team.

Most casual observers see a football team as a zero sum group of individuals, hence the emphasis on who is going to replace who. I'm not saying that JH wasn't a great back, he was. But he and LW will be replaced, maybe by more than one player. Two years ago the same people were saying the same things about BZ. All the talk about irreplaceable MC players is really just skillethead wishful thinking. The team will be different but in my mind the production will be more than replaced. Mark my words, Saylors is going to be a goodin'.

I agree in part, Josh will not be replace as a return man and all around playmaker/athlete. Although, I do believe McClain will be just as good or better at FB. As for replacing Walt... Not going to happen. Playmakers like him come around once a decade. I do believe that this year's team will not score as often, but they will control the line and the clock offensively. I also agree with farmer McClain should've seen more carries last year..

I agree in part, Josh will not be replace as a return man and all around playmaker/athlete. Although, I do believe McClain will be just as good or better at FB. As for replacing Walt... Not going to happen. Playmakers like him come around once a decade. I do believe that this year's team will not score as often, but they will control the line and the clock offensively. I also agree with farmer McClain should've seen more carries last year..

We saw that in the Tyner game. Rumor I heard is that he went to Coach Ross and asked to carry more for that game. You prob know if that's true or not.

I was just glad to see Whitwell compete. This coaching staff is best we have had in a long time. They have the tigers going in the right direction. Not to mention only 2 seniors were playing! future looks good!

You guys have a good coach now. Tigers looked like an organized team for sure. Not sure who ran for you guys in the competition but he was neck and neck with Lilly

You have some good points that are on cue. McClain is a solid little ball player. He's not flashy or some big time prospect and he's definitely no Zemen, but he gets the job done and will do fine in that position. Blake Zemen and Walters were both once a decade type players. Marion County is going to be fine in 2016. I still say they should be 14-0 headed into Cookeville. They will just have several much closer games along the way.

You guys have a good coach now. Tigers looked like an organized team for sure. Not sure who ran for you guys in the competition but he was neck and neck with Lilly

Shrum ran. Great kid. Plays TE/DE. Petty our best back didn't play. He is a threat to score each time he touches it. I just hope our staff stays together. Whitwell has a hard time keeping coaches. I think Malone will give us a couple good years.Hopefully we can keep Coach Boldin and Coach Coley around. Both are great coaches. I think Coley looks better in red than that purple.