Region 4A Tournament

Shozen

Merrol Hyde @ Clay Co.

Gordonsville  @ Clarkrange

Pickett Co. @ Watertown

Jackson Co. @ Goodpasture

Who do you have?

I have Clay Co. by 25-30+ as Clay Co is just to good and too much for MH.

Clarkrange should beat Gordonsville by 20+ as C-range is a difficult place to play and C-range is a good team.

I have Pickett Co. over Watertown by 8 as Pickett has been playing very well as of late losing to Clay by 5 and beating JC by 12-15.

I have Goodpasture over JC by 5. JC hasn't been playing very good losing 2 of the last 3. Every since their win over Clay in OT they just haven't been the same by only beating RBS by 9 but had a good win at VB. They need bigger performances from Coe to win this game. #11 Phillips will play solid as usual but needs help scoring. JC struggled badly with him on the bench vs PC.

Edited by Shozen

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merrol Hyde @ Clay Co.

Gordonsville @ Clarkrange

Pickett Co. @ Watertown

Jackson Co. @ Goodpasture

Who do you have?

I have Clay Co. by 25-30+ as Clay Co is just to good and too much for MH.

Clarkrange should beat Gordonsville by 20+ as C-range is a difficult place to play and C-range is a good team.

I have Pickett Co. over Watertown by 8 as Pickett has been playing very well as of late losing to Clay by 5 and beating JC by 12-15.

I have Goodpasture over JC by 5. JC hasn't been playing very good losing 2 of the last 3. Every since their win over Clay in OT they just haven't been the same by only beating RBS by 9 but had a good win at VB. They need bigger performances from Coe to win this game. #11 Phillips will play solid as usual but needs help scoring. JC struggled badly with him on the bench vs PC.

The only game I see in question is the game between Goodpasture and Jackson County. If The team that played in the district tournament from Jackson County shows up in Madison on Saturday night it will get hammered. If the one that beat Clay, Macon (8AA second place team) Pickett and Clarkrange then it will be a heck of a ball game. We shall see....

The only game I see in question is the game between Goodpasture and Jackson County. If The team that played in the district tournament from Jackson County shows up in Madison on Saturday night it will get hammered. If the one that beat Clay, Macon (8AA second place team) Pickett and Clarkrange then it will be a heck of a ball game. We shall see....

Oh I couldn't agree more. I had JC in the district and region championship vs Clay after them beating Clay but JC is like night and day now. I just can't tell which team will show up. Phillips is a good ball player but he needs way more help scoring the ball. JC was up by 8 on Pickett but when Phillps and Coe went to the bench Pickett went up and never looked back.

It very well could easily be a 7A sweep but I am not throughly convinced yet as both the JC and Pickett games could go either way as both teams are hot and cold.

Many people are wondering if Jackson County gave up the game to be on the opposite side of Clay County. What is your say on this.

I can guarantee you they did not throw the  game. Now they may not of shown everything but they were never trying to purposefully lose.  This team beat Clay County last time they played so I am sure they don't fear Clay County like some other teams probably do.

Many people are wondering if Jackson County gave up the game to be on the opposite side of Clay County. What is your say on this.

Nah JC just doesn't look in form right now. They struggle to score the ball besides Coe and Phillips. If those two go out or get in foul trouble then JC's offense comes to a crawl. They also look lost at times on defense. PC was ready last game and JC was not.

I wouldn't say Coach Flynn will have them ready as he has been known to not have teams ready. He had an 8 point lead over PC and waited for PC to go on like a 15-2 run before calling timeout. By that time the game was over as PC stretched it out to an 18 point lead. Hind sight is 20-20 though.

Edited by Shozen

Going on the road to Madison Tn to play Goodpasture was never on the agenda.  Its definitely the toughest draw of anyone in the 1st round of the region.  Goodpasture is a quality team and they will be a very tough out.  JC can win but it will take a monumental effort on their part.  Good luck to both teams.

JC vs Goodpasture should be a great game. If JC plays the game like they can I feel they can pull out the win. They just have to play together as a team. Phillips will play his game. If the others will play up to there potential they bring the win home. If they try to play for themselves they will lose