D-1 AAA vs D-2

In Hoc Signo Vinces

What about Landers and Munoz.

Can't take nothing away from them. Best 132 pounders in our area. They could help, but if we could have an all star team to rep Tennessee, this is what I'd like to have lol.

106- killian FR

113- Hicks BC

120- McElhaney BC

126- Eason FR

132- Simpson FR

138- King FR

145- Murphy Baylor

152- Beyer BC

160- Duhm McCallie

170- Linton Wilson

182- Wimper Baylor

195- Parker Baylor

220- Stacy FR

Hvy- Boykin Riverdale

Now that'd be an all star line up! Lol

• Upvote 1

I'll take Russo at 160. And Killian is good but he's not the best 106. In my opinion is barely top 5. Also I believe an "all state" or "all star" team should only consist of only state champions. With the exception of Russo

Edited by Bump11

This would be my perfect team. I picked 2 for each weights. All state champions with the exception of Russo

106- Wheaten/Griggs

113- Hicks/Simpson

120- Chalifoux/McElhaney

126- Mullin/Eason

132- Simpson/Munoz

138- King/Fuller

145- Murphy/Rippy

152- Reinche/Beyer

160- Russo/Duhm

170- Linton/Powell

182- Whimper/Rippy

195- Parker/Brown

220- Stacy/Bagley

285- Boykin/Evans

This would be my perfect team. I picked 2 for each weights. All state champions with the exception of Russo

106- Wheaten/Griggs

113- Hicks/Simpson

120- Chalifoux/McElhaney

126- Mullin/Eason

132- Simpson/Munoz

138- King/Fuller

145- Murphy/Rippy

152- Reinche/Beyer

160- Russo/Duhm

170- Linton/Powell

182- Whimper/Rippy

195- Parker/Brown

220- Stacy/Bagley

285- Boykin/Evans

I had a hard time picking between Russo and Duhm so I just went with the state champ. Either one would or most likely be in the finals!

Can't take nothing away from them. Best 132 pounders in our area. They could help, but if we could have an all star team to rep Tennessee, this is what I'd like to have lol.

106- killian FR

113- Hicks BC

120- McElhaney BC

126- Eason FR

132- Simpson FR

138- King FR

145- Murphy Baylor

152- Beyer BC

160- Duhm McCallie

170- Linton Wilson

182- Wimper Baylor

195- Parker Baylor

220- Stacy FR

Hvy- Boykin Riverdale

Now that'd be an all star line up! Lol

Killian did not win D2. I would also put Luke Mullin over Eason. Boykin has never faired well against Evans. The last time they were in a bracket together Evans placed third and Boykin placed seventh. My team would be

Wheaton

Hicks

Chalifoux

Mullin

Simpson

King

Murphy

Heyward

Russo

Linton

Whimper

Parker

Stacey

Evans

Edited by Coffetalk

A couple of things I wanted to point out if we're picking an all star lineup. People are talking about AAA winning 120 because McElhaney beat Eason. I disagree because Eason was not Father Ryan's 120 at state. The last time I checked Chalifoux was their 120, and I don't see anyone in TN beating him. 126 is a tossup to me. Hernandez vs Eason would be interesting. Mullin beat Hernandez, so you have to throw him in the mix. Herring won 2 of 3 vs Eason, but Eason won the one that mattered. I don't really know who I would go with at 126. There are a lot of studs there, and I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. At HWT im taking Sammy Evans until I see a head to head with Boykin to prove differently, but once again you can't go wrong with either one. At 160 I would take Russo like Bump said. At 106 it has to be Wheaton as the top choice. Killian lost 3 times to Robbie Griggs who lost to the AAA runner up. Killian also lost to the AAA 5th place finisher. All of the past matches I reference are with the assumption what is on Track is correct. I also know the original title said AAA vs D2, but I wanted to give a couple AA wrestlers some love.

I'll take Russo at 160. And Killian is good but he's not the best 106. In my opinion is barely top 5. Also I believe an "all state" or "all star" team should only consist of only state champions. With the exception of Russo

If I'm not mistaken Killian beat every 106 he faced in the state except Griggs and Dezember (the AAA 5th place); he majored the 4th place finisher. With that being said, Griggs beat him 3 times, though from what I hear he's no longer in the mix to make 106.

PennState has some great points, Eason wasn't even Ryan's 120 at state, and no one from Tennessee is beating Chalifoux.

Eason obviously found something special to overcome two previous losses to Herring at state, but I think Mullin would be the clear frontrunner at 126; he and Chalifoux had a battle at the Bradley tournament.

Evans/Boykin would be a fantastic matchup, though River Henry's great showing at Prep Nationals makes me want to see more of him; I caught two of his matches and he looked like a monster in the making (although obviously Evans and Boykin have already reached monster status).

Edited by D2Wrestling

I agree that nobody beats Chalifoux at 120. I also agree, as seen on my all star line up, Mullin is the top guy at 126. As far as Killian goes, did he wrestle wheaten, Palmer, Nelson, pond, Sesnan..? Because I do believe the top 5 106's are those 5 which are all AAA.

I agree that nobody beats Chalifoux at 120. I also agree, as seen on my all star line up, Mullin is the top guy at 126. As far as Killian goes, did he wrestle wheaten, Palmer, Nelson, pond, Sesnan..? Because I do believe the top 5 106's are those 5 which are all AAA.

Chalifoux looked great at National Preps, West Point is lucky to have him (and Parker!) The Chalifoux/Mullin match at Bradley was high-level wrestling for 6 minutes. Killian majored Pond at Cleveland, don't believe he wrestled any of the others

Chalifoux looked great at National Preps, West Point is lucky to have him (and Parker!) The Chalifoux/Mullin match at Bradley was high-level wrestling for 6 minutes. Killian majored Pond at Cleveland, don't believe he wrestled any of the others

chalifoux-Mullin may have very well have been the best match on the year. I wasn't aware Killian had beaten pond.. But even then I don't see him as top 5 with 3 losses to Griggs. He's right there on the cusp. But if we are talking ALL-Star, there are better options is all I'm saying. I wish we did have an all state team. How hard would it be to have the coaches and officials at the state tournament vote on an all state 1st team, 2nd team, and freshman team? Edited by Bump11