D-1 AAA vs D-2

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Always the victim, Texas. I never said he was "lucky," I gave the kid credit for a good win...but having seen both matches, I just think Eason is the better wrestler. Even the best get caught sometimes, it's the nature of the sport. All credit to McElhaney for capitalizing when he had the chance

i am not sure I am playing a victim by pointing out what I thought I read.  sounds like you believe someone was a victim of the nature of the sport, which is kind of what my point was.

you seem to feel the need to jump in on something that did not make sense to you, so I explained that. my comment about bashing was to see if you were as good about that as you were about the "lucky" comment you had for me. Thanks in advance.

Nothing to do with not making sense, questioned why you said something that was not true. Still do not understand about the bashing. You asked somebody else about the bashing. I was not a part of that.

Edited by facenthecrowd

Eason smoked McElhaney the week before at Cleveland Duals and then got caught in a roll when McElhaney pinned him (all due credit to Mc, he DID find a way to stick a two timer). I'd still take Eason to win 8/10 in that matchup.

King would beat any 138 in the state by 6. His absence was the only reason Bradley was able to eke out a win at their own tourney.

And I really don't know if there's anyone more dangerous on their feet than Whimper, 182 would be a battle.

If this is the post Texas was referring to, I don't think it was bashing MC at all. I don't think i would have wrote "he did find a way to pin" or stick rather. He got beat, plain and simple. Eason beat MC in the first match and Mc beat Eason in the second. I'm sure it could go back and fourth everytime they wrestle. Both are 2 very good wrestlers. Edited by DaChampsAgain

If this is the post Texas was referring to, I don't think it was bashing MC at all. I don't think i would have wrote "he did find a way to pin" or stick rather. He got beat, plain and simple. Eason beat MC in the first match and Mc beat Eason in the second. I'm sure it could go back and fourth everytime they wrestle. Both are 2 very good wrestlers.

My sentiments exactly. Both are really good wrestlers.

Let me see if I can add some clarity to this discussion.

McElhaney did NOT wrestle Eason at the Cleveland Duals. He wrestled Klett and pinned him in the 3rd. He did, however, wrestle Eason a week later at the BC Inv. and pinned him early in the second period. He was leading when he cradled him and got the fall. McElhaney was on fire that weekend and was voted MOW of the tourney by the officials and coaches. 

King was entered in the BC Inv. at 145, but had to drop out mid-week due to the flu if I remember Coach Simpson correctly. So, the Fuller/King match would not have happened that weekend regardless. 

However, thanks to Coach Simpson's graciousness, Da Bears and the Irish were actually able to practice together the day before the State Duals AND the day before the State Traditional. So, both squads, along w/ Arlington and Red Bank, were able to see all of our studs go at it. Great scrambles, good "go's" , and tough fights throughout the room both days. Perhaps Coach Simpson and I can make that happen underneath a Bear mat lamp or in an Irish gym one day. Should be a good time...

Ben Smith

Bradley Wrestling

So that settles it. The ONE time they wrestled McElhaney was beating Eason and "caught" him in a cradle to pin him (not really sure if anyone has ever gotten pinned without getting "caught"). So 120 clearly goes to D1 (although I'm sure PF would have something to say about that).

Let me see if I can add some clarity to this discussion.

McElhaney did NOT wrestle Eason at the Cleveland Duals. He wrestled Klett and pinned him in the 3rd. He did, however, wrestle Eason a week later at the BC Inv. and pinned him early in the second period. He was leading when he cradled him and got the fall. McElhaney was on fire that weekend and was voted MOW of the tourney by the officials and coaches. 

King was entered in the BC Inv. at 145, but had to drop out mid-week due to the flu if I remember Coach Simpson correctly. So, the Fuller/King match would not have happened that weekend regardless. 

However, thanks to Coach Simpson's graciousness, Da Bears and the Irish were actually able to practice together the day before the State Duals AND the day before the State Traditional. So, both squads, along w/ Arlington and Red Bank, were able to see all of our studs go at it. Great scrambles, good "go's" , and tough fights throughout the room both days. Perhaps Coach Simpson and I can make that happen underneath a Bear mat lamp or in an Irish gym one day. Should be a good time...

Ben Smith

Bradley Wrestling

My apologies, Coach Smith! Thanks for the clarification, I'm not entirely sure how I got those mixed up...egg on my face!

I would have paid money to attend those practices! Fuller lost during the Cleveland Duals match to Ryan's 132, right? I still think King could take him  ;) Congrats on an incredible season

Edited by D2Wrestling

No apologies necessary, but thank you, D2. We had a good season. But, that's easier when we have good kids and great support.

And, yes, Kirby did beat Fuller in OT at the CHS Duals. Great match. Worth the price of admission as well. 

Eli and Knox are actually pretty good friends. So, I'm not sure how much that they were beating on each other, but it was fun to watch. LONG scrambles. Knox is actually dropping to 132 for our Dixie lineup while Eli will be at 138 for us as well. Should be a TOUGH line-up. 

Best of luck in the off-season to the Irish. I'm sure that we'll all cross paths quite frequently. 

No apologies necessary, but thank you, D2. We had a good season. But, that's easier when we have good kids and great support.

And, yes, Kirby did beat Fuller in OT at the CHS Duals. Great match. Worth the price of admission as well.

Eli and Knox are actually pretty good friends. So, I'm not sure how much that they were beating on each other, but it was fun to watch. LONG scrambles. Knox is actually dropping to 132 for our Dixie lineup while Eli will be at 138 for us as well. Should be a TOUGH line-up.

Best of luck in the off-season to the Irish. I'm sure that we'll all cross paths quite frequently.

Who else is gonna be in our line up at the Dixie? This might be something to go watch!

Fuller and King in the same lineup? That's a wrap, folks! Who else do we have going down? The foundation laid at 132 and 138 would seem to bode well for TN

Who else is gonna be in our line up at the Dixie? This might be something to go watch!

I'd definitely recommend. Some great wrestling. Besides the 3 teams Coach Smith puts together, Chig Martin also puts together a very competitive team composed of North Georgia, Chattanooga and Nashville kids. Last year I was very surprised how many top level AL kids compete there. Only a short drive down to Birmingham.