A/AA 2016

reaction

As long as TSSAA allows the recruiters to stay in DI it will be the same private schools in the A/AA tournament every year.  

Notre Dame has 8 seniors on this year's team.  Every single one of them is Catholic.  Imagine that, Catholics sending their kids to a Catholic school.  Something definitely fishy about that (no pun intended).  Our Senior class has 96 kids in it (boys and girls).  How many kids in the senior class at Greenville or Dyersburg or East Ridge or any of the other public schools that played soccer today?  In case you don't know, most of them have twice as many as ND.

How about giving some credit to a coach that builds a program where the kids want to put in the extra time to make their team the best it can be.

I feel for the Boyd players, that was a tough loss, and they gave it their all.  However, ND gets their 2 goals off of a PK and a free kick, and even with blue glasses on, you gotta admit those were good calls.  Maybe Boyd needs to ease up on the fouliing.  Just sayin'

As for the refs, I agree they were not good, but probably not for the same reason as Reaction does.  The crazy situation with the ND keeper getting a yellow card for putting his knee up as the Boyd player approached was something I have never seen before.  I would agree that the keeper brought his knee up with pretty good force, and it looked bad, but the Boyd player had no reason to be close enough to the keeper to get kneed, since the keeper clearly had control of the ball for at least a second before the contact.  And on top of that, the Boyd player had already been called offsides.  When the Boyd player hit the ground holding his face (which was nowhere near the keeper's knee), everyone in the place (including the refs) knew he wasn't really hurt.  He should have held his stomach or chest, that might have been believable.

Edited by saw4ND

I find that hard to believe....

Since last off season Giles County is the seventh school to be placed on probation joining Germantown, Brainerd, Bradley Central, Cleveland, Greenback and Marshall County. Germantown, Bradley Central, Cleveland and Marshall County were all hit for probation for breaking the recruiting rule (Article II, Section 17).

- See more at: http://columbiadailyherald.com/sports/preps/giles-county-football-punished-second-time-under-same-coach#sthash.MV9uZopc.dpuf

Boom.

I feel for the Boyd players, that was a tough loss, and they gave it their all.  However, ND gets their 2 goals off of a PK and a free kick, and even with blue glasses on, you gotta admit those were good calls.  Maybe Boyd needs to ease up on the fouliing.  Just sayin'

As for the refs, I agree they were not good, but probably not for the same reason as Reaction does.  The crazy situation with the ND keeper getting a yellow card for putting his knee up as the Boyd player approached was something I have never seen before.  I would agree that the keeper brought his knee up with pretty good force, and it looked bad, but the Boyd player had no reason to be close enough to the keeper to get kneed, since the keeper clearly had control of the ball for at least a second before the contact.  And on top of that, the Boyd player had already been called offsides.  When the Boyd player hit the ground holding his face (which was nowhere near the keeper's knee), everyone in the place (including the refs) knew he wasn't really hurt.  He should have held his stomach or chest, that might have been believable.

The refs were bad both ways. I don't think it cost us the game. Our lack of finishing is what cost us. We had plenty chances to tie it up, but it just wasn't our day. 

The refs were bad both ways. I don't think it cost us the game. Our lack of finishing is what cost us. We had plenty chances to tie it up, but it just wasn't our day. 

Your not kidding about Boyd having plenty of chances.  Between your long throw ins and corners, it felt think we defended more set pieces into the box than we have all other games combined.

As long as TSSAA allows the recruiters to stay in DI it will be the same private schools in the A/AA tournament every year.  

It has less to do with recruiting and more to do with flaws in the way rules are written . The best  players play travel soccer or "select". This involves a year-round commitment from both the kids and parents. The best teams  are often the one's that have the most experience playing and practicing with each other. A solid travel team can play together for almost 4 years before they enter high school.

Private schools do not have the same restrictions as public schools when it comes to where a student lives. In the public system the school you attend will be based of the address you submit upon registration. Furthermore, it is rare for a student to attend one public school and play for another in sports. Because of these restrictions, finding lasting continuity among public school teams in team sports such as soccer is difficult. If a travel team wants to keep together for high school soccer the only answer is a private school. This factor is what gives private schools an advantage in competition with public schools in state championships. 

Edited by My12thAcct

Notre Dame has 8 seniors on this year's team. Every single one of them is Catholic. Imagine that, Catholics sending their kids to a Catholic school. Something definitely fishy about that (no pun intended). Our Senior class has 96 kids in it (boys and girls). How many kids in the senior class at Greenville or Dyersburg or East Ridge or any of the other public schools that played soccer today? In case you don't know, most of them have twice as many as ND.

How about giving some credit to a coach that builds a program where the kids want to put in the extra time to make their team the best it can be.

How about the percentage for the football team, or more specific, the outstanding ones who have been signing the past couple of years or have already announced plans/offers? Edited by Indian