Middleton vs. Dresden

tigerfanatic

Dresden is not slow. I know Middleton is good but who have they beat? Let's see what happens Sat. If they blow Dresden out, they are good.

They may not be slow but they certainly are not fast.  IMO they need a penetrating quick guard that can go to the basket, pull up, or kick out for a three.  I did not see that against GC and Middleton's defense will not give up that easy basket down low that Dresden kept getting against GC.  Dresden is very well coached and disciplined in looking for a good shot but those shots will be few and far between down in Middleton.

I wouldn't disagree with Middleton's talent base. What they have done is extraordinary going undefeated the last two years and Coach Burkley is a "great coach." I never said they were not good. I just said their schedule has not been as strong as some of the others. That is not taking a shot. They may be my pick to win it all. The Dresden game will answer questions.

Edited by pioneer42

westtnsportsfan,

I hope GC can go up there and win the Gold Ball but I just don't see it happening. I think girls basketball is down this year in our area. In my opinion 14A was really down this year. I hope Dresden goes to Middleton and wins but its a tough place to play and win. The Gibson County team of a few years back (Heather Butler's bunch) would beat this GC team by 20 points or more but its not fair to compare the two. They had Kevin McMillan and that's a big difference.

Not goin to say our district is not down. But GC did play a very tough schedule outside of district. Much tougher than last year. Once you get to glass house anything can happen. But first gotta get revenge on riverside

westtnsportsfan,

I hope GC can go up there and win the Gold Ball but I just don't see it happening. I think girls basketball is down this year in our area. In my opinion 14A was really down this year. I hope Dresden goes to Middleton and wins but its a tough place to play and win.  The Gibson County team of a few years back (Heather Butler's bunch) would beat this GC team by 20 points or more but its not fair to compare the two. They had Kevin McMillan and that's a big difference.

+1  Maybe 30

It will be a battle of the "Big Cats" (Lions v Tigers) for 1.5 quarters (or less), then Middleton pulls away!  Can't wait to finally see Middleton v GC and settle things once and for all.  Hope they meet in the Boro!

16-2 currently with 3:10 to play in the first.  It is going to get UGLY!!!!

It will be a battle of the "Big Cats" (Lions v Tigers) for 1.5 quarters (or less), then Middleton pulls away!  Can't wait to finally see Middleton v GC and settle things once and for all.  Hope they meet in the Boro!

16-2 currently with 3:10 to play in the first.  It is going to get UGLY!!!!

Check that.... Make that .5 Qtr!  Dresden in foul trouble!