Middleton vs. Dresden

tigerfanatic

I heard the refs were terrible in the game as well. I heard it was 7 fouls to 0 at one time before half. You can bet West TN won't get any home cooking in the Boro. Never do. Middleton is good enough without the help of three refs.

You heard you didn't see. The calls were that way because Dresden couldn't keep up with our players and were hacking and reaching. They couldn't keep the ball long enough for us to foul them. 

Middleton is good no doubt. They are the favorite to win it and I hope at least one of us wins it. The draw is the key a lot of times. Middleton actually had a rough draw last year with Pickett County, South Green and then Clarkrange. Good luck to both as well as Haywood and Westview.

You're right Dresden was outmatched...8 on the court against 5. You'd think they'd built a championship team a decent gym. Never in my life have I been to a gym where you're told you have to sit down & can't cheer all because the home fans are taking up half of the visitor side & can't see. Talk about a home cooking. I also hope your child doesn't have to end their HS career like that & have grown adults cheering & waving bye when they're visibly upset. Good luck to you in the Boro. You should be ok if you get lucky & draw the same refs.

8-5 lol I don't care where we played Dresden...they can't beat us!!! Referees can't make a 20 point difference lol

Never know how it draws and what refs you get up there and how they call it. As a rule, they don't let you play up there for the most part. Two years ago Meiggs County shot 40 something FT's against Clarkrange.

The draw last year was awesome. Three great games.

The fact is, Middleton has better athletes AND executed better. Tonight and last year. We didn't get lucky, we won.

As to the future, we relish the next week, regardless of the outcome.

You're right Dresden was outmatched...8 on the court against 5. You'd think they'd built a championship team a decent gym. Never in my life have I been to a gym where you're told you have to sit down & can't cheer all because the home fans are taking up half of the visitor side & can't see. Talk about a home cooking. I also hope your child doesn't have to end their HS career like that & have grown adults cheering & waving bye when they're visibly upset. Good luck to you in the Boro. You should be ok if you get lucky & draw the same refs.

The gym is clean and well cared for. You were treated with respect. I'm sure of that. And as for being rude, everyone deserves the chance to see. We sent you 500 tickets. You should have bought more than 110 and then you wouldn't have had Middleton fans sitting with you.

Edited by Hcsportsfan3

And one more thing. Repeated requests for rosters were sent to Dresden and the school wouldn't send them. A local company was going to print programs for the game. But since Dresden was more interested in hiding their names and numbers (for whatever reason, I don't know) it didn't happen. Meanwhile all Middleton games and rosters are online for all the world to see. And have been for years.

Grow up. It ain't a secret how you win. It's fundamental basketball.

This is the first night I have joined to post. I had to, I just couldn't believe what sore losers came to our gym tonight...and I felt the need to answer. I just hope (and figure) that all of the Dresden supporters aren't like what I read tonight...not one capitulation, just that the refs and the gym had something to do with who won a 73-50 game.

Edited by Hcsportsfan3