Van Buren county girls- 1st trip to State

VB-booster

Lot of you guys were saying you stop Miss Basketball and you win. Well what about the other three that were nailing threes from 25 ft out. They shot lights out and I admire GC for keep coming back. I thought 2 or 3 different times we were a shot or two missed from getting blowed out. Congrats to Van Buren. Really great effort and provided great entertainment.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might want to look at strength of schedule success for GC and Middleton compared to the others you mentioned. GC Number 1 I do believe after 36 games. Beating Westview who is playing in the state tournament and won! We beat them as well. No way SG or Picket are better than Middleton and GC! You don't win 60 something games in a row and not be great. Think they are defending state champs as well. You obviously don't know anything about GC this season. That's the way they have played most of their games and won all of them. They don't give up. Neither did VB today....GC just in a little better condition imo. This will be the toughest team GC will face this year in Middleton in the entire state. It's going to require a near perfect game for GC to win, but they can beat them I think.

You might want to do some research and see that of all the teams that made it to state that SG had played the toughest schedule of them all too by your same coacht rankings you are referring too. I watched all the teams mentioned in the 1st round and SG looked the best of all of them. The same Van Buren team that yall struggled with won their substate game at home by 10 over Jackson Co., the game before Pickett beat that same team by 41 pts. So you do the math of who looked the best if you actually saw the other teams play. This SG team is better than last year when they lost by 1 to Middleton. I just hate when people claim that it's the championship game in the semis when no offense GC didn't impress me in their first game

You might want to do some research and see that of all the teams that made it to state that SG had played the toughest schedule of them all too by your same coacht rankings you are referring too. I watched all the teams mentioned in the 1st round and SG looked the best of all of them. The same Van Buren team that yall struggled with won their substate game at home by 10 over Jackson Co., the game before Pickett beat that same team by 41 pts. So you do the math of who looked the best if you actually saw the other teams play. This SG team is better than last year when they lost by 1 to Middleton. I just hate when people claim that it's the championship game in the semis when no offense GC didn't impress me in their first game

Just your opinion. They may not impress you, but guess what.....we won the game! My motto " That's why they play the game". Math means nothing at this point! Any team can have an off night....that's basketball my friend. Still quality teams left in class A.

Never said SG or PC are not good, they are. I've done my research! Margin of victory against common opponents means nothing. Anyone know that.

Never said SG or PC are not good, they are. I've done my research! Margin of victory against common opponents means nothing. Anyone know that.

And being ranked on coacht means nothing too. My point was the comment on the #1 and #2 teams playing in the semis doesn't make it the best game. All the teams left are capable of winning and it's more than just me that think that SG and PC both looked better than GC.

And being ranked on coacht means nothing too. My point was the comment on the #1 and #2 teams playing in the semis doesn't make it the best game. All the teams left are capable of winning and it's more than just me that think that SG and PC both looked better than GC.

I agree. SG and PC both looked better in first round games. I think slot of that was both of them had experience playing here last year and GC didn't. A lot of nerves early from GC and missed open shots. Still says a lot about a team being down 15 in the 3rd and coming back and winning. I expect to see us come out sharper today.

I agree. SG and PC both looked better in first round games. I think slot of that was both of them had experience playing here last year and GC didn't. A lot of nerves early from GC and missed open shots. Still says a lot about a team being down 15 in the 3rd and coming back and winning. I expect to see us come out sharper today.

Agree.

Lot of you guys were saying you stop Miss Basketball and you win. Well what about the other three that were nailing threes from 25 ft out. They shot lights out and I admire GC for keep coming back. I thought 2 or 3 different times we were a shot or two missed from getting blowed out. Congrats to Van Buren. Really great effort and provided great entertainment.

Those girls do not hit those shots consistently. Not in the games I saw. Miss Basketball is the main reason you almost lost, she had a lot of points. She is a baller.

Van Buren was good yesterday. They may not shoot consistently during the season but they shot the ball extremely well for 3.5 quarters. I am just glad we survived a bad shooting day. We shot terrible yesterday. Our pressure created TO's that kept us in the game and eventually won the game.

Van Buren was good yesterday. They may not shoot consistently during the season but they shot the ball extremely well for 3.5 quarters. I am just glad we survived a bad shooting day. We shot terrible yesterday. Our pressure created TO's that kept us in the game and eventually won the game.

Your conditioning won that game. VBC ran out of gas.