Who are the Top 5 players in the State Regardless of Class?

Of the ones I saw this year and clips of here is mine .

1. Jaylen fisher of Bolton

2, Abdul ADu of Hamilton heights

3. Dillion Mitchell of White station

4. Jordan Bone of Ensworth

5. Bo Hodges of Maplewood

5. Garett Sams of Westview

Of course I know this could be almost anybody depending where you live . I try to watch tapes of the 50 best .

Dillon Mitchell hasn't played this year...signed with Oregon for football

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick Good of David Crocket just defeated Oak Ridge In Oak Ridge. His 3 pointer with 3.5 seconds in OT won the game 73 -70. Of course, Tee Higgins of Oak Ridge should also be included.

Thanks for the love Willie!!!! Patrick Good is one of the Top 5 in the state he proved that tonight knocking down a game winning 3 with 5 seconds to go in OT for the W. He willed his team to Murfreesboro should have hands down been a Mr Basketball Finalist. Go watch his Hudson and see for yourself and check it shot he hit tonighy. Got ice water in his veins no moment is to big for him

haha funny thing is i posted in that forum earlier responded to his statement and scrambled upon yours minutes later. He's probably a homer who hasn't seen much ball outside of the rural area schools in which a good high school player(future college kid) is seen as the next all american snub in their opinion. I agree with pujo, sleeprs happen but it's very rare.

here's what i said:

"Key being a top 5 player in the state is laughable. And i dont understand why its continually being pointed out that "top aau" programs are after him. Imo aau doesnt matter if youre not selfish enough with the ball to takeover and stand out, and as a 2017 player its kinda too late for him to benefit very well from an aau organization in the state unless he went to Team Penny, Team Thad or WACG and made a deep run into the peach jam(for the nike affiliated teams) or a event like that for example and was able to extremely stand out. And even with those teams they have kids who have been playing together for over 5 years and have been successful on all the AAU circuits. All 3 of those organizations bring players from out of the state (Dennis Smith, PJ Washington, Marvin Bagley, and Kevaughn allen to name a few all top 50 players nationally) in to play in the big circuits so even the local talent is sometimes overshadowed by the top blue chippers. The AAU circuit is extremely political there are rarely overnight stars who join the teams and completely show out enough; and if youre not with a organization that is sponsored by the big boys (Nike, Addidas, UA) it can be pointless and its sometimes hard to be seen. Key is special, he has the size for the next level and a tremendous skill set but Its hard to believe that he's a top 5 player in the state if you have not seen all of the top kids play. Our state is very competitive in basketball even on a national level and we are lucky to see some of the future stars that we do. But top 5 is far fetched seeing that we cant find any video evidence of him and he doesn't have a single star on any recruiting board (even tho ratings are dumb and not an exact science)."

I vote for Union City's Parker Stewart class of 2017. 6'5" True PG.  Has 12 High Major offers as a junior.  Got 3 more BCS offers after the game tonight verse Mitchell.  Ranked 15th best player in the country by ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/207538/parker-stewart

Dillon Mitchell was not even a top 5 kid in memphis. How can the only 5 star player in the state not be in anyone's top 5. I agree with Fisher as #1 bc he's a veteran and has top tier on ball D in the state. But Darius Garland should be on everyone's top 5; If you haven't heard of him or looked him up you're a homer and not really a fan of ball outside of your area. The kid is legit and him barely missing the last cut of the USA U-17 team wasn't a fluke nor politics, he isn't ranked #12 in the nation for nothing. He's a true PG just like fisher but he will be more polished than fisher his senior year. But i also love fisher, he's a battled tested baller who could easily have got a gold ball if he had 1 or 2 low major college players around him. There is not too many coaches that would choose not to build their program around Fisher or Garland. Idk if Bone makes my top 5, he doesn't excel to the same extent with likewise talent of his calibur on the opposing side. I hate to say it but there's arguably a pretty big chance that Tyler Harris is top 5 no matter classification, even though I hate that AAU run and gun jack it up style play but the kid doesn't miss and is extremely athletic/explosive and will play both sides of the ball. If he played in Key's or Stewarts Region/Division the kid would average 40 (being the only ultra talented kid on his team). 247 has him as a 4 star pg at 5'9 140, what he doesn't have in size he has in range for sure. lol  

Dillon Mitchell was not even a top 5 kid in memphis. How can the only 5 star player in the state not be in anyone's top 5. I agree with Fisher as #1 bc he's a veteran and has top tier on ball D in the state. But Darius Garland should be on everyone's top 5; If you haven't heard of him or looked him up you're a homer and not really a fan of ball outside of your area. The kid is legit and him barely missing the last cut of the USA U-17 team wasn't a fluke nor politics, he isn't ranked #12 in the nation for nothing. He's a true PG just like fisher but he will be more polished than fisher his senior year. But i also love fisher, he's a battled tested baller who could easily have got a gold ball if he had 1 or 2 low major college players around him. There is not too many coaches that would choose not to build their program around Fisher or Garland. Idk if Bone makes my top 5, he doesn't excel to the same extent with likewise talent of his calibur on the opposing side. I hate to say it but there's arguably a pretty big chance that Tyler Harris is top 5 no matter classification, even though I hate that AAU run and gun jack it up style play but the kid doesn't miss and is extremely athletic/explosive and will play both sides of the ball. If he played in Key's or Stewarts Region/Division the kid would average 40 (being the only ultra talented kid on his team). 247 has him as a 4 star pg at 5'9 140, what he doesn't have in size he has in range for sure. lol  

I agree...the state 3 pointer record will be in jeopardy come next week.

Just for stirring up the pot a bit...East Tj Moss is nationally ranked #24 on ESPN, and Chandler Lawson is ranked #8 on Future150. So if we're talking TN top 5, they should be in the convo...2cents

I think lomax is the best player on that East team. he may not get the 4 or 5 stars like lawson and moss will get when its all said and done but he's the glue of that team and has been since the lester middle days. This top 5 thing is tough

I agree...the state 3 pointer record will be in jeopardy come next week.

I fear for whatever team that draws Cordova first in the Boro bc of all 6 possible opponents non have played Cordova this year or summer. Its easily a 75% chance that their starting guards have never played against tyler yet along see him in live action, and anyone who has seen this kid go to work before knows it can be a long night if you dont know how to guard him. If he isn't doubled he will flirt with 40 before the tourneys over unless he lets Blake Williams get some of the shine (dont get me started on his ability). Cordova is talented, an all memphis final may be in the making again. 

Just for stirring up the pot a bit...East Tj Moss is nationally ranked #24 on ESPN, and Chandler Lawson is ranked #8 on Future150. So if we're talking TN top 5, they should be in the convo...2cents

Anyone who thinks Future50 ranks matter shouldn't chime in. They had Leron Black ranked #1 in the country in 2014.  Although Lawson will be a top 5 player in the country come his junior year.

I think lomax is the best player on that East team. he may not get the 4 or 5 stars like lawson and moss will get when its all said and done but he's the glue of that team and has been since the lester middle days. This top 5 thing is tough

So true...

Anyone who thinks Future50 ranks matter shouldn't chime in. They had Leron Black ranked #1 in the country in 2014.  Although Lawson will be a top 5 player in the country come his junior year.

Calm down my guy...clearly said let me stir things up a bit!