Clay Co vs Hampton

uknoit2

He doesn't average 10 assists but he does average 5-7 and guranteed he brings it down he floor 95-98% of the time. Now a lot of the stuff is setup for him and Maybry especially if they want to post Tyreke up against someone.

I was gonna say just that. He passes off for an offensive set for him (a lot of the time).

IMO, your big boy makes it more difficult on teams than anyone

I was gonna say just that. He passes off for an offensive set for him (a lot of the time).

IMO, your big boy makes it more difficult on teams than anyone

I can agree to that. If he is on and stays out of foul trouble then CC could win it all because he is capable of 20-30 points while being a big defense and rebounding help. He is much improved and hustles more than anyone on the floor.

Tyreke is going to get his points as he doesn't average 30 a game for no reason. I think I have only seen maybe one game where he didn't have atleast 20 and he had 15 points 14 rebounds 8 assists that game vs Jackson Co in the region championship.

Edited by Shozen

I can agree to that. If he is on and stays out of foul trouble then CC could win it all because he is capable of 20-30 points while being a big defense and rebounding help. He is much improved and hustles more than anyone on the floor.

Tyreke is going to get his points as he doesn't average 30 a game for no reason. I think I have only seen maybe one game where he didn't have atleast 20 and he had 15 points 14 rebounds 8 assists that game vs Jackson Co in the region championship.

I have not seen that game....I did watch the Clarkrange & Sevier games recently and just couldn't get a feel for CC...Too many teams run a zone and lose sight of him or get back screened...seems like switching screen is a lost art amongst some schools today.

If anyone thinks I'm saying he's overrated, they have greatly misunderstood...He's a force, but those around him make that possible IMO

I have not seen that game....I did watch the Clarkrange & Sevier games recently and just couldn't get a feel for CC...Too many teams run a zone and lose sight of him or get back screened...seems like switching screen is a lost art amongst some schools today.

If anyone thinks I'm saying he's overrated, they have greatly misunderstood...He's a force, but those around him make that possible IMO

Definitely not overrated!

Uknoit2, what type of zones have you seen teams playing CC on tape?

It looks like Hampton has been on quite a roll since losing to Grainger Jan 4.

Did they come together as a team after that gm or learn something about themselves?

Shozen, how many gms have you seen CC play this year? I'm curious to know what type of defense has given CC fits this year or slowed CC down somewhat...

What did MC do in both of their gms against CC Dec & Jan 5th (a month apart)

and the 4 gms vs JC, how did they approach those gms?

Did they come together as a team after that gm or learn something about themselves?

Shozen, how many gms have you seen CC play this year? I'm curious to know what type of defense has given CC fits this year or slowed CC down somewhat...

1-3-1 and 2-1-2...seen a Lil box-n-1 also.

We went deep in football playoffs...Made it to Semifinals againt Marion Co.

So Hampton basketball didn't have FB players till well into BB season....Our QB was injured in the Marion Co FB game and didn't return till half way thru this BB season....Don't reckon we've lost since he's returned with em...They really started to gel about 3 weeks ago

I have been to almost every game. Most people have to run a zone against Clay because of the foul trouble they tend to get in when trying to guard Key. JC tried everything from a 1-3-1 to man to double teaming Key. Wyatt killed them in the region championship.

MC played man and 2-3 but the game they lost Clay had so many turnovers I would guess 20+ from just dumb mistakes and not from what MC was doing to them.

CC is very disciplined and always make the extra pass sometimes too much. They have 4-5 that handle the ball decently so pressing and man don't really bother them.

Not to mention Clay as as team as probably taken the most charges in the state. No one is scared to take he hit and are always willing. Their defense is very solid. I have a feeling this could come down to foul trouble and free throws.

Edited by Shozen

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to be able to get a feel for the gm, what to expect or forecast w/ out seeng either team play. This is great stuff. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and I'm sure I will have more questions. Thursday will be here before you know it.

When are both teams scheduled to arrive? Will they be able to get a walk thru in the glass house and catch the other games?

CC has practiced all this week and early next week at Tennessee Tech's Hooper Eblan collissum to get use to that type of gym feel. Smart move on Coach Edwards part.

Wow, excellent move. It is the little things that could have a huge effect on the outcome. Even if a team has played in this venue on more than one occasion, it is still important to get that "college" gym feel in an everyday practice.

http://events.tennessean.com//sites/events.tennessean.com/images/venue/330307780/hoop.jpg

But remember the the Hoosiers scene.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/914aFOVyJlk/hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Bigboi20