Station Camp vs Crockett

stockton4182

Everyone knows crockett wants to get the ball out and go. Their defense is designed to speed you up and make you play fast and force turnovers. They are going to try to trap you in the half court and force you to make bad passes.I think the two x factors in this game have to be Coleman and Day. There has been a lot of games Coleman just coasts and plays to his own pace. He has to be flat out relentless from the get go. Day has to be able to finish inside and get some offensive putbacks. Its obvious if you have seen Crockett play that they feed off the crowd in big games. If they get hot it's like pouring gas on fire. Pat Good is by far one of the top 10 players in this state there is no doubt about that. If you don't know who he is you will by the time the ball is tipped.he has unlimited range and can drop 40 on a dime. But hopefully the pioneers represent East Tennessee well.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate it that you think Sumner county has any teams that stand a chance to compete outside the area. You may need to flip to a football forum if you want to hear some truth that will make you feel proud of your kids. There aren't more than a couple good players there and you play a slow down game in order to make up for not having the talent to compete. Put your grown up pants on and take the truth

The county and district is overall down this year. No boosting here but always proud of our kids and coaches. Several different teams and programs from this area have been competitive at state including Station Camp this year. This is not Metro Nashville, Murfreesboro area much less Shelby County but your previous statement in lumping an entire county together is ignorant. Your rebuttal to "put your grown up pants on" is childish. Your expert opinion on all high schools in our county saying "aren't more than a couple good players there and you play a slow down game in order to make up for not having the talent to compete" is demeaning to the work every program, coach and kid puts in. Station Camp and all other teams in the future should just pack it in, right? I believe I understand where you're coming from but, with the number of schools and students in this county, it is as competitive as anyone else it's size. It isn't the hotbed of Memphis. Edited by TheRealTruth

Massey I think just scared. To give the kids freedom . They by far have talent to run and would beat everybody by 30 if they did . Lucky I didn't coach them . They wouldn't be talking about Memphis East and Cordova they would be talking about camp instead they will try to play that boring ball and try to beat you in the fourth . There are plenty good players in the county almost every player will receive a scholar ship two D-1 and the junior will probably get the best offer . I would put their point guard up against anybody in the state . This from a person who hates station camp but knows talent when he sees it . They are a good team that would be great if they were allowed to run and gun . So teams be careful to speed them up could be kiss of death .

The county and district is overall down this year. No boosting here but always proud of our kids and coaches. Several different teams and programs from this area have been competitive at state including Station Camp this year. This is not Metro Nashville, Murfreesboro area much less Shelby County but your previous statement in lumping an entire county together is ignorant. Your rebuttal to "put your grown up pants on" is childish. Your expert opinion on all high schools in our county saying "aren't more than a couple good players there and you play a slow down game in order to make up for not having the talent to compete" is demeaning to the work every program, coach and kid puts in. Station Camp and all other teams in the future should just pack it in, right? I believe I understand where you're coming from but, with the number of schools and students in this county, it is as competitive as anyone else it's size. It isn't the hotbed of Memphis.

I'm glad you have pride in your county. I'm guessing you want me to say since kids work hard at it that they should be given credit.  Wrong.....  There are places everywhere that have hard working kids that aren't good.  There are only a couple of standout kids in that county for basketball.  I would hate to play them in football and baseball because that is what they excel in.  Don't get caught up in your wording, I'm simply speaking my opinion which I'm pretty sure is close to being proven the last few years.  There have been years where teams make it to sub state and maybe state, but that doesn't mean those kids are great players.  They just are better at their style than the other teams.  I've won district the last 3 years in my sport and it's because we aren't as terrible as the other teams, but we are terrible. I don't know how to sweeten that up any better.

Volunteer are u saying station camp doesn't have good talent ?

No!!!  He said Coach Allen, he's the coach at Mount Juliet.  He would find a way to lose with anyone. Station Camp is solid.  I like how the players trust one another and take pride in playing defense.

Edited by Volunteerstatehoopsguy