Memphis Mitchell versus MTCS

Btw1993

The fact is you said no else will win w/o a Memphis team stumbling correct?

Another lie out of your mouth. Normally I don't even address comments from a newbee I've been on these boards for 14 years and there is always someone that shows up that starts spouting ignorant stuff like you. I said if Memphis doesn't win its their own fault. Other teams can and will win but when you have a huge unfair advantage like teams coming from Memphis with open enrollment at the Class A level it's hard to compete with. Refrain from commenting on my posts in the future. I see you didn't list another Class A metro school either which was another lie. I'm done here

Edited by UCSportsFan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another lie out of your mouth. Normally I don't even address comments from a newbee I've been on these boards for 14 years and there is always someone that shows up that starts spouting ignorant stuff like you. I said if Memphis doesn't win its their own fault. Other teams can and will win but when you have a huge unfair advantage like teams coming from Memphis with open enrollment at the Class A level it's hard to compete with. Refrain from commenting on my posts in the future. I see you didn't list another Class A metro school either which was another lie. I'm done here

I guess in 14 years you forgot how to paraphrase.  You may need a new form of thinking because that old thought process has you forgetting that things change ole pal. Lead Academy and KIPP Academy are both 1A open enrollment schools and they have multiple campuses that all can play for 1 team.  Doesn't mean you get talent. The fact the you are a "veteran" at giving your opinion is great!  You deserve an award, right? Find someone who that might intimidate.... That should make your day.  Good luck to your team in the tournament

Lead hadnt lost to a 1a school all year until Jackson got hurt.  Truth of the matter is Lead was without 2 starters that game.  You take the best player off any team and another starter and it makes it difficult for anybody to win.  Especially at the 1A level.   With Jackson, Lead wins that game by at least 10-15.  Not to take anything away from what MTCS has done, you cant fault them for the injury.  They did what they had to and as a result are playing in the glass house.  However ive watched a lot of basketball and Jackon has been the difference maker for that team for 4yrs.  Its hard to all of s sudden have to play with that big of a piece missing and still be effective

You are right about Jackson.  Great player and game changer.  Hope he heals completely and gets the chance to play at the next level.

I guess in 14 years you forgot how to paraphrase.  You may need a new form of thinking because that old thought process has you forgetting that things change ole pal. Lead Academy and KIPP Academy are both 1A open enrollment schools and they have multiple campuses that all can play for 1 team.  Doesn't mean you get talent. The fact the you are a "veteran" at giving your opinion is great!  You deserve an award, right? Find someone who that might intimidate.... That should make your day.  Good luck to your team in the tournament

So in the entire state of Tn you found 2?  One that no one has ever heard of and you're going with that?  You insult our intelligence.  I'm done with you newbee   :popcorneater:

I hate to enter into your little argument and I know nothing about LEAD, but you do realize that KIPP is a 1A public with open enrollment located in Memphis...right? Their QB gave a verbal commitment to play at Kansas State last week.

Edited by tradertwo

I hate to enter into your little argument and I know nothing about LEAD, but you do realize that KIPP is a 1A public with open enrollment located in Memphis...right? Their QB gave a verbal commitment to play at Kansas State last week.

You are correct in that statement. There is also more than 1 KIPP Academy.  It's an initiative that TN Public schools has started to have more charter schools in the state.  The have a MS and HS in Nashville. 1st year for the HS and the MS has been in Nashville for about 9 years.

I hate to enter into your little argument and I know nothing about LEAD, but you do realize that KIPP is a 1A public with open enrollment located in Memphis...right? Their QB gave a verbal commitment to play at Kansas State last week.

Thank you sir for confirming what I have been trying to tell this idiot.

KIPP has athletes. In Memphis a few charters like KIPP MAHS and City University are very competive. Mitchell really gets the players that Whitehaven turn down on our side.

There athletes enrolled @ KIPP Nashville aren't that good.  They have just started to push kids and go after players that will help them in the 1A class this year which will be there first. They have played in rec leagues before due to lack of talent.

KIPP has athletes. In Memphis a few charters like KIPP MAHS and City University are very competive. Mitchell really gets the players that Whitehaven turn down on our side.

Mitchell has a great program and it's great that these young men are given the opportunity to play ball. Does Mitchell play Whitehaven? I'd say the boys that were rejected would want an opportunity to show they belong!