Gibson County vs South Greene

cofo

Lol that's crazy! You find every chance you can to down GC. We had the lead by 1 with under 2 minutes left. SG is a good team and deserved it but saying they were the best team by far is you trying harts to dismiss GC.[/quo

SG did play the best in the tournament of any team in Single A. Most consistent in all 3 games. Stop being a cry baby when someone else has an opinion that u don't agree with.

Never said they weren't the best. Just disagreed with your assessment that they were "by far" the best.

Congrats to South Greene from Betsy.

Ask this man about 3 peats and how hard it is to do. That was the sentiment in Elizabethton after 2014 too and they didn't even get back to championship game. It's easy to say, harder to do. Even if the team doesn't have a senior and best two players is a sophomore and a freshman. Good luck to you on your quest though. I am an east TN fan that hopes you do it.

The best team won it South Greene had the toughest road to get there and took care of business. Congratulations to all teams at the state absolutely nothing to be ashamed of no matter what anybody says.

Congratulations to SG, they are very good, but saying they were the best team up there and had the toughest road, is a stretch. You might want to check the record before you embarrass yourself. Let's see, GC beat a very good Van Buren team with Miss Basketball, beat the number 1 ranked defending state champions with a 60 something winning streak. Oh, and by the the way, we beat Westview who knocked off the number one seed in AA....and were there playing for a title and came up a little short of beating SG. Either team could have won that game, and SG made plays when it counted. Congratulations to them. We'll take a silver ball and put in our full trophy case!

I said it in a thread earlier in the week that the bracket set up nicely for the South Green Pickett County winner. Why? Because they played on Wednesday had a day off and then played a team that in my eyes that wasn't as strong as Middleton and then to the championship. Playing Van Buren with the Miss Basketball Finalist, then Middleton and then South Green all back to back was tough. The Middleton game took a lot of energy. But congrats to South Green. Good team. GC has a bright bright future with one of the best middle school classes coming in maybe ever along with last years great middle school class. GC will be loaded with talent next year. It will be just young. But we will be back. I will assure you.

I understand Gibson beat the defending state champs and that's awesome and a big accomplishment. I just think Pickett and community would have beat them too. Pickett almost did last year and didn't lose anybody while Middleton lost a miss basketball finalist. It really doesn't matter though I just think south Greene was the best team in it with the toughest games to win it.

Middleton's Miss Basketball Finalist got hurt last year and didn't play in the state tournament. Pickett County and Community both would have struggled with Middleton. To say they would have beat them is pure speculation. I would have loved to have played either GC or Middleton the day after the two played. I like it how everyone knows who is better not giving any consideration to how the brackets fell.

Middleton's Miss Basketball Finalist got hurt last year and didn't play in the state tournament. Pickett County and Community both would have struggled with Middleton. To say they would have beat them is pure speculation. I would have loved to have played either GC or Middleton the day after the two played. I like it how everyone knows who is better not giving any consideration to how the brackets fell.

Actually you're both right...Deja Faulkner had an ACL injury at Christmas, and was (IMO)  the frontrunner for Miss Basketball...Avery Joy stepped up her game and was named a finalist. I've said from mid season that Middleton was not as good as last season, but last year probably would have won AA with both. I also picked "the field" over Middleton before the tournament started...not because they weren't good enough to win it, but because there were three or four teams good enough to beat them, and to win it you have to win three. Have the tournament again this weekend and I'd pick against South Greene for the same reason. Congratulations to the Lady Reb's, they beat everyone they had to when it counted...they're the champs and deservedly so, but to say that one would have for sure beat the other when there were four or five of the eight so evenly matched is speculation. Again...Congrat's to South Greene, they won when it mattered and deserve much respect for doing so, especially in a year where the field was so strong.

Agree it is all speculation of who would beat who. The main difference in the tournament for SG was consistency. They shot 55% for the whole tournament and not a single team game planned enough to slow down Lamb who went for 23 pts and 12 reb against Pickett, 32 pts and 12 reb against community, and 25 pts and 9 reb against GC in the championship game. The game plan to face guard Fields in the first half and then switching to face guard Lannom in the 2nd half by cutshaw made a big difference in the game and that showed in the 2nd half shooting %. This year's SG team was better than last years team that lost to Middleton in the semis by 1.

I said it in a thread earlier in the week that the bracket set up nicely for the South Green Pickett County winner. Why? Because they played on Wednesday had a day off and then played a team that in my eyes that wasn't as strong as Middleton and then to the championship. Playing Van Buren with the Miss Basketball Finalist, then Middleton and then South Green all back to back was tough. The Middleton game took a lot of energy. But congrats to South Green. Good team. GC has a bright bright future with one of the best middle school classes coming in maybe ever along with last years great middle school class. GC will be loaded with talent next year. It will be just young. But we will be back. I will assure you.

I agree Pioneer42. I think the future is bright at GC. We had a lot of freshmen that got some quality playing time this year. That will help next year. IMO, we also have a great coaching staff. But for anyone to say that SG had the toughest route to the finals must not know basketball, when you have to go through the defending sate champion ( and were the favorites to win it again) and a quality Van Buren team. Playing back to back did not help either. Oh well, just left GC and had a nice celebration for the team. That trophy is going to look nice in our trophy case.

I agree Pioneer42. I think the future is bright at GC. We had a lot of freshmen that got some quality playing time this year. That will help next year. IMO, we also have a great coaching staff. But for anyone to say that SG had the toughest route to the finals must not know basketball, when you have to go through the defending sate champion ( and were the favorites to win it again) and a quality Van Buren team. Playing back to back did not help either. Oh well, just left GC and had a nice celebration for the team. That trophy is going to look nice in our trophy case.

Once again it's all a matter of opinion. SG that had to make it through Pickett county and community was no easy feat and the same as GC making it to the finals. SG plays the toughest schedule of anyone at the glass house in single A per coacht and were ranked higher in other poles than anyone else in A. There were 5 teams there that could make their case but when it was all said and done SG won it brings another Gold back to southern greene county.