Region 6 Class 3A 2016

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they looked good too. Alot of athletes for a 1a school. They didn't exactly play world class competition against our 2s & 3s though. In any case we survived the Wayne County scrimmage without injury or death.

Speaking of looking good. I've heard those Waverly Tiggers look REALLY, REALLY good...

Who do yall play next week?

Ease up there bud, WC pulled starters at the same time Fairview did. Both teams played starters first non stop qtr and jv the second. It was 7-0 Fairview at that point. Fairview has a good team and will do well this year. Good luck to y'all!

Ease up there bud, WC pulled starters at the same time Fairview did. Both teams played starters first non stop qtr and jv the second. It was 7-0 Fairview at that point. Fairview has a good team and will do well this year. Good luck to y'all!

Your starters played the second series on offense and defense. Ours did not.

WC pulled the starters on offense, down in the red zone. Then the JV qb ran in for TD.

Not that it matters.

My comment was tongue in cheek because someone suggested WC may be too physical for us. 😆

Good luck to you and your Wildcats this season!

. I thought Stewart looked Ok. New head Coach Chanz Swartz has the

Task of building this program. He has about 29 freshmen but his team hung in with WC. Obviously has things to work on but I do have faith that this young man will be a good coach.

One thing for sure, I don't think he will be leaving as he is deeply rooted .

Chanz will do a good job as the new head coach. The player turnout has more than doubled since he took over.

Your starters played the second series on offense and defense. Ours did not.

WC pulled the starters on offense, down in the red zone. Then the JV qb ran in for TD.

Not that it matters.

My comment was tongue in cheek because someone suggested WC may be too physical for us. 😆

Good luck to you and your Wildcats this season!

Coach pulled them at the end of the first 15 minutes and they never returned in either side, I thought yalls did the same but like you said it don't matter and that wasn't a WC fan that made the comment about being to physical. Fairview looked to be very physical and I'm betting they have a great season.

hey beagle! did camden scrimmage last nite?

Yes  we did sorry. we looked sloppy on Offense just staying vanilla but way to many dropped passes(passes never thought we would say that here in Camden)

We ran the ball real well for only running 3 different plays 

Defense looked  very stout but Bruceton line was very small. 29-0 I think was the final.

If we had play Waverly that sloppy we can go home with not just a loss but a butt kicking the likes of which we usually get from  Milan in the playoffs

Edited by Beagle

Yes  we did sorry. we looked sloppy on Offense just staying vanilla but way to many dropped passes(passes never thought we would say that here in Camden)

We ran the ball real well for only running 3 different plays 

Defense looked  very stout but Bruceton line was very small. 29-0 I think was the final.

If we had play Waverly that sloppy we can go home with not just a loss but a butt kicking the likes of which we usually get from  Milan in the playoffs

Waverly and Camden should be pretty evenly matched. Glad to see Camden opening up a new game in passing and glad to see Waverly have a game period! 

Did the kids just not like Coach Finley? That's a huge difference in numbers

The kids worked and played hard for Coach Finley. As a previous poster stated the freshmen class is 30 in size and last year's senior class was less than 10. Coach Swartz, coaching at his alma mater, will bring a tremendous amount of stability to a coaching position that has been a revolving door for way too long. Coach Finley is the happiest he has been in a long time coaching at his alma mater. Both Stewart County and Gibson County have a lot to look forward to in football for the next several years.