Region 6 Class 3A 2016

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still to early to cipher out the front runner in this region. We'll know a little more this Friday night with region play beginning.

I really like what Fairview is doing so far. Although the number of penalties in the first half against Creek Wood concerns me a little. It was still tied at 7 at the half when it was clear that Fairview was better in every phase of the game. We can't afford to let teams hang around like that with our limited ability to stretch the field quickly. The defense is playing better than I've seen since '13. Especially against the run. The pass rush is also really good but pass coverage has had a couple breakdowns. I'm sure it will improve.

I hope to see the trend of continuing improvement this Friday night in Dover.

Swarm: Yellow jackets are team to beat right now imo.

Followed by sycamore and Camden.

Harpeth, Cheatham and Stewart will battle for that last playoff spot. But a lot can happen , injuries, kids get better, turnovers etc etc. just glad it's football season!

Week 3 Games:

Fairview vs Stewart Co.

Cheatham Co. vs Sycamore

East Hickman vs Camden

Harpeth (BYE)

Fairview seems to be hitting on all cylinders. I would think they easily win this week. Their defense is playing pretty well. Camden by a lot. EH just doesn't have the players. Cheatham Sycamore should be a tight game. Cheatham can score but can't stop anyone and Sycamore plays good defense but not as good on offense. Tough game to pick.

Fairview seems to be hitting on all cylinders. I would think they easily win this week. Their defense is playing pretty well. Camden by a lot. EH just doesn't have the players. Cheatham Sycamore should be a tight game. Cheatham can score but can't stop anyone and Sycamore plays good defense but not as good on offense. Tough game to pick.

Fairview is definitely looking better than the last couple years. Still yet to take shots down the field offensively but we have an inexperienced QB and can pound the rock.

We had way too many penalties Saturday night. No excuse for that with all the seniors on the field.

Special teams is vastly improved thanks to coach Black. Maybe the best ST'S unit I've seen us with.

Edited by Swarm

Fairview's defense is like the groups they had from 2010-2013. They are big, athletic, and physical in the box and have skill on the back end. They are solid on special teams in the kicking and return games. Offensively their quarterback is new but they have gone to a more physical style of play with their OL and the two backs who carry the ball for them 23 & 4.

Fairview's defense is like the groups they had from 2010-2013. They are big, athletic, and physical in the box and have skill on the back end. They are solid on special teams in the kicking and return games. Offensively their quarterback is new but they have gone to a more physical style of play with their OL and the two backs who carry the ball for them 23 & 4.

Nice, accurate summary. I'm hoping Kam will continue to mature at qb. So we'll have some explosiveness down the field by playoff time. He's done a great job at minimizing mistakes so far. He has some wheels too!

Fairview is always a tough team to face.

I do believe that coach Swartz will be a good one. I don't remember

Stewart County ever having 27 freshmen but hopefully it will pay dividends

On down the road. Hope to give the yellow jackets a respectable game !

Should be a large crowd for the home opener and fish fry before the game !

Fairview is always a tough team to face.

I do believe that coach Swartz will be a good one. I don't remember

Stewart County ever having 27 freshmen but hopefully it will pay dividends

On down the road. Hope to give the yellow jackets a respectable game !

Should be a large crowd for the home opener and fish fry before the game !

FISH FRY?!?!?! Is this for Rebels only or yellerjackets too???

I'm looking forward to the game. Always been partial to Dover and stay at the Dover Inn alot while fishing bass tournaments out of Paris.