Region 6 Class 3A 2016

Barnes is efficient. Manages the game well, with minimal mistakes. He is coming along nicely. He's sitting on maybe 6 or 7 TDS and only 1 INT.

Barnes has came along way. It's like night and day from last season. You can see the hard work he's put in. Offensively they have a lot of guys getting touches which makes them tough to stop. They are a little undersized but make up for it with team speed

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.). Fairview: 4-0 (1-0)

2.). Cheatham: 3-1 (1-0)

3.). Camden: 2-1 (1-0)

4.). Harpeth: 3-0 (0-0)

5.). Sycamore: 2-2 (0-1)

6.). Stewart: 1-3 (0-1)

7.). East Hickman: 0-4 (0-1)

In Week 5 the games include:

Camden at Harpeth

Cheatham at Stewart

Sycamore at East Hickman

Fairview has a 'Bye' this week

Looks like I'll be making the long 5 minute journey to Kingston Springs to scope out the competition.

The Camden vs Huntingdon game not being played has to disappoint the Lions fans. They have to feel like part of their season has been taken away from them by mother nature.

The biggest wins of the year out of region have been Harpeth knocking off Montgomery Central, Camden beating McKenzie, and Fairview beating Waverly. Those were 3 very impressive "out of region" wins against good opponents.

The biggest region win of the year has probably been the Cheatham win at Sycamore a few weeks ago. It put the Cubs on the right foot in the playoff race and really made a statement that they're a force to be reckoned with this year.

My personal favorite moment of the year so far was Stewart County's win over rival Houston County. It was a good moment for the players, coaches, and fans.

After 4 weeks of football, let's here everyone's assessments...surprise teams/performances, let downs, contenders and pretenders. And go!

I'd say harpeth has been the surprise till this point of the season, best performance has been the improvement at the QB position for cheatham. Let downs.... not sure that we can call that just yet. You're contenders are definitely the 2 preseason picks in Camden and fairview, now I see Cheatham and harpeth having the ability of controlling their chances at a spot in the playoffs if each team can take care of region play. Pretenders... it'll all come out in the wash.

My 4 week review looks like this: Any road to the top still has to go through Fairview and/or Camden. They continue to be in the driver's seat in this Region. To be the man, you're gonna have to beat the man, and right now, they are the man. Biggest surprise has to be the 3-0 start for Harpeth and Cheatham's offensive output each game. While I fully expected Harpeth to go 2-0, I did not predict them to handle Hickman Co the way they did. Cheatham's offense is clicking on all cylinders right now and seems to have several weapons on that side of the ball. Understanding its only week 4, but my biggest pretender thus far has been Sycamore. They were suppose to be a solid candidate for 2nd or 3rd in the region, but haven't really shown up yet.  There wins have come to a really bad Whites Creek team and a Hunters Lane team they should have blown out.

Can't wait to see how things look at the official mid way point next week.