District 3A

gcapride

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a walk off steal when the RW catcher threw it into LF

I got you but our GB dictionary we use walk off as game ending term. The kid walked and stole all the way around. His speed and aggressiveness forced that throw and set up exactly what GB was trying to do. I don't know exactly what a walk off steal would be. Stealing from 3rd home typically requires some sort of passed ball or catching somebody off guard in the catcher/pitcher exchange. Nonetheless it's a run and in this instance a winning one to end the game. Survive and advance!

Grace must be licking their chops. Haven't even thrown their one yet and might not even have to after everyone else is scratching and clawing to get through the losers bracket. Add in the fact that the other District is super weak...should look good for Grace from here on out.

no doubt, neither 4A team wants to travel to GCA. But neither WB, CF nor Oneida are super weak. Bottom of the district yes, weak... But all three of the top teams are decent teams and all three have a pitcher that could beat most teams in single A. Enough to win at GCA? Doubtful, of course... Tall order for small, rural publics. But either of the three would likely win vs region 1 teams and make a state appearance.

NOBODY from District 4A will advance anywhere this year.  

Number 3 or 4 seed in 3A could easily go undefeated in District 4A.  

Grace can go ahead and book rooms at the Boro.

Meigs County will prolly have to go on the road to Unaka next Friday for a shot at making a trip.

Trust me......District 4 teams will not be a factor this post season.

NOBODY from District 4A will advance anywhere this year.  

Number 3 or 4 seed in 3A could easily go undefeated in District 4A.  

Grace can go ahead and book rooms at the Boro.

Meigs County will prolly have to go on the road to Unaka next Friday for a shot at making a trip.

Trust me......District 4 teams will not be a factor this post season.

While I would pick the top three in d3 in a one game deal....I've seen the kid at CF and the kid (healthy now)at Onieda...both are really, really good. They would win some games for those teams in district play vs the top 3 in 3a over the course of a season. Now if CF ends up at Grace in region game one, they' ll likely be out. But if CF is the one seed at home vs Meigs...he could strike out 13 or 14 and beat them. Two WB pitchers are pretty decent, but not as good as the CF or Oneida kids.

Top 4 in 3A would cake walk through that Mickey Mouse District.

Coalfield only won 2 games against opponents outside their district(Northview Academy)

Strike Out 13 or 14???.......Come on now..........Time to leave the Morgan County bubble and experience real baseball.  

Top 4 in 3A would cake walk through that Mickey Mouse District.

Coalfield only won 2 games against opponents outside their district(Northview Academy)

Strike Out 13 or 14???.......Come on now..........Time to leave the Morgan County bubble and experience real baseball.

I'm not from Morgan county and have never lived there. Keep in mind those schools typically have one or two pitchers....they play district games Monday/ Tuesday...no one left to pitch the rest of the week. So tough to take much from a Thursday/ Friday game. What I'm saying is a really good pitcher can always give a decent team a chance....and a couple of the kids in 4a are really good pitchers. Have you seen either of them? I have seen them both and you should get off your high horse and give a modicum of respect where it's due. Those teams typically don't have the bodies to start mostly upper class men and that's a big difference, they're usually playing freshman ..but if the pitcher is good enough to hold a team down....and those two are....then a team with less big bodies can win. Like I said, I wouldn't pick them, but I've seen enough to know how good a couple of those pitchers are.

Neutral third party observer here, but strike out 13 or 14? That's literally 2 Ks an inning. Just because a kid puts up gaudy numbers against Jellico, Sunbright, and Oliver Springs doesn't mean he's a stud. I mean sure, he'll strike a few kids out against a GOOD team, but he is also gonna get smacked all around the park too. And then that's one part of the equation. Even if he can limit them at the plate, they still have to score runs on the flip side.

Keep in mind, Wartburg lost TWICE to Midway. And Coalfield got run ruled by Tellico Plains. The two last place teams in District 3. Heck even Oneida got shutout by, I am assuming, Rockwood's #3 or #4 guy.

Neutral third party observer here, but strike out 13 or 14? That's literally 2 Ks an inning. Just because a kid puts up gaudy numbers against Jellico, Sunbright, and Oliver Springs doesn't mean he's a stud. I mean sure, he'll strike a few kids out against a GOOD team, but he is also gonna get smacked all around the park too. And then that's one part of the equation. Even if he can limit them at the plate, they still have to score runs on the flip side.

Keep in mind, Wartburg lost TWICE to Midway. And Coalfield got run ruled by Tellico Plains. The two last place teams in District 3. Heck even Oneida got shutout by, I am assuming, Rockwood's #3 or #4 guy.

yea, like i said I know.... i saw the scores....one of the parents said CF also sat 3 or 4 starters and pitched their 4th or 5th pitcher against TP... so what does that score mean on a Monday in Region play? Not much. If it was the 3rd game of the week, teams from the tiny schools have zero chance....just dont have the arms or the older bodies. But on a monday, with a stud pitcher, they've got a 30-40% chance ( much less against GCA). Oneida made the state last year. CF has a few state tourney appearances ( and I'm nearly certain a state championship) following that formula. Now, teams like that gotta avoid GCA game one...cause GCA can score enough on a good pitcher and just has more "baseball" players. But against typical 1A teams....That one pitcher for those teams equalizes things a bit. You'll see a team just like that in the 1A state tourney this year from somewhere in the state.... just like a lot of years

Edited by CAH09

When Meigs is on they are really good! Trust me GB knows. They are almost error free on D and very disciplined in the box. GB's bats just died in the post season. Hitting peaked at wrong time. Timely hits that had been there all year just weren't there. Pitching was never our problem. We had 2 aces with 3 other strong Freshmen starters, one of which pitched in our win this week. If our bats had been 1/2 what they had been all year no doubt GB would still be playing. I expect Meigs and Grace to advance if both bring their A game. Much respect for both teams! GB brings everybody back next year and gains a couple more from MS that will be in the mix. Good luck we are switching gears! It is football time in GB!

yea, like i said I know.... i saw the scores....one of the parents said CF also sat 3 or 4 starters and pitched their 4th or 5th pitcher against TP... so what does that score mean on a Monday in Region play? Not much. If it was the 3rd game of the week, teams from the tiny schools have zero chance....just dont have the arms or the older bodies. But on a monday, with a stud pitcher, they've got a 30-40% chance ( much less against GCA). Oneida made the state last year. CF has a few state tourney appearances ( and I'm nearly certain a state championship) following that formula. Now, teams like that gotta avoid GCA game one...cause GCA can score enough on a good pitcher and just has more "baseball" players. But against typical 1A teams....That one pitcher for those teams equalizes things a bit. You'll see a team just like that in the 1A state tourney this year from somewhere in the state.... just like a lot of years

Did Coalfield strike out 15 Tigers today?

Anyways, the point I was getting at, and I felt like I was talking to a wall to be quite frank, was that while Coalfield/WB's ace might be good enough to limit a team like Meigs or Grace to 4 or 5 or 6 runs, it won't matter because if they can't score against the number 3 and 4 guys from Rockwood/TP/Midway, what makes you think they have a chance against Meigs or Grace's number 1 or 2 pitchers?