Top 5A Teams 2016

Soarman27

It would definitely be a clash of two different styles of play. With Clemson commit Tee Higgins at wide receiver, Oak Ridge will more than likely be tossing it around a lot with a few handoffs to Jordan Graham, while Rhea County's Mason Stephenson, Cody Bice, and Eddie Davis will make up a three-headed rushing monster that will feature a few passes to Memphis commit Jared Edwards at tight end. Edwards and Higgins each played huge roles the last time the Wildcats and Eagles met on the field and now they are seniors committed to D1 schools. Would certainly make for one heck of a game that could decide the East Tennessee representative in Cookeville if these two teams live up to preseason expectations with Oak Ridge at #2 and Rhea County at #3 in the Murphy Fair coaches' poll.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge QB must stay healthy. He can be very good. Their offense scheme is tough with average line and backs. Gibbs in east is an example. Now with Higgins and the ability to add pass game I seen at MC 7/7 will be tough. As a former coach and player the question I have is do you load the box to stop triple option or play 2 high safeties to stop Higgins. Also I seen them get Graham ball on deep routes, crossing routes, screens and quick flat routes. Oak Ridge if executes can be very good.

Heard u guys were full of penalties tonight at the scrimmage. Gotta play disciplined football against the Rebels come Oct. Also seems like u guys are thin in the trenches. We will see what u falcons are all about come Oct.

Knox West, barring injuries, should be one of the best teams in the state this year. I don't think Fulton will be able to keep up with the Rebels in October. 

To all you West doubters....... West 21 - Alcoa 14 at Alcoa in a scrimmage this evening. West is the real deal! Next up Maryville next Friday.

C'mon man!! 21-14 with Alcoa's 3's driving to score when game was called. 1's 7-7, 2's 7-7 and 3's 7-0. West does look fast, but don't get too excited. Good luck with your season.