Dobyns-Bennett Football 2016

tribe141

Not really hanging my hat on that scrimmage. I just do not see last year's DB beating just any school in this area by five touchdowns. Granted they would probably win, but they couldn't just beat the best local talent by Five.Maybe if DB went 9 and 1 last year they could blow everyone out by five touchdowns. Trust me, I understand the whole 1A through 6A classification deal about depth and all. But one guy posted they could beat all locals by five. That would include Elizabethton,East,North,Hampton,and Crockett.No sir, not them by Five touchdowns. I am anxious to see how DB does against Sullivan county's new school in the next few years.

Might have misread but I didn't see where Blazer just said last years team.I  read where you through last years Bulldogs in the mix and said DB couldn't beat North by 5 touchdowns but would never play them. I just pointed out that they actually did play and the score. 

LOL. Not to much confidence there. 2004 was twelve years ago. What about the other two teams I mentioned. Do some research on them from last year. Just saying DB needs to improve a lot to be competitive against these current teams they are slated against. Again, beating those teams by five touchdowns is a long shot. They train just as hard(if not harder) than those Indians.

My man I don't think you understand, the DB team last year was actually pretty dang good, they just had to realize that they weren't playing the little boys anymore! You need to understand that DB used to have to play people like North, Volunteer, Crocket and Central, and DB normally had to back off after being up by 50+ at halftime! Would not have been any different last year with the local teams. Elizabethton would have competed, but the others would have been ugly! I pull for all the local teams, and I think North will be good this year, but there is a reason for classifications and that is not to protect the big school from the little schools! The last couple games against Crocket DB had to be careful to not score 90! The Knoxville and Chatanooga area schools were better prepared for the new leauge because they have been playing better competition over the past couple of years! The coaches and players have seen it now, so don't be surprised when they go out and put up a lot of W's this year!

DB couldn't beat Sullivan North, Sullivan east, or Hampton by five touchdowns. I would bet my paycheck on that. Questionable if they could even beat a couple of those teams. I triple guarantee you they couldn't have beat Hamptons team from last year, and Hampton is a AA school. These match ups would never happen though.

Maybe you should worry more about not losing to MARION COUNTY by 5 Touchdowns and a Fieldgoal.Rather than if DB would beat you by 5 TD's.It's better to be thought of to be a FOOL,Rather than open you're mouth and erase all doubt!!!!..JUST SAYIN!!!

Edited by WERDBYouMadBro

Maybe you should worry more about not losing to MARION COUNTY by 5 Touchdowns and a Fieldgoal.Rather than if DB would beat you by 5 TD's.It's better to be thought of to be a FOOL,Rather than open you're mouth and erase all doubt!!!!..JUST SAYIN!!!

Oh, Marion county is good.They would definitely stomp DB.

Are we the same DB team we were when we've had players such as Sensabaugh, Foreman, Swafford, Adonis , Gaines, and so on? Heck no. You can't expect to have those exceptional athletes every year in Kingsport but we are going to field a team and work out butts off to win. When the band marches into the stadium the excitement will start to build and by kick off you better believe the Indian pride will be in full force. This team has some talent, a lot of it young, but you have to know that we are going to be ready to go and compete. Every game has its level of anxiety filled with stories of past rivalries and game legends. The history of Dobyns Bennett football speaks for itself. Looking forward to the Vikings coming to town next Thursday but Realy looking forward to our trip to Blankenship field for game #2. ROLL TRIBE!!!