Dobyns-Bennett Football 2016

tribe141

Guest footballfan100

Batman, Been looking pretty well actually. Coach has them playing with some fire it seems. Thanks for asking...anytime u want to come up for a game, let me know and I'll feel us a seat. I went and watched us guys scrimmage yesterday at Betsy and seen where 6 left the game for an injury. I noticed him walking with a slight limp afterwards, hope nothing serious!!! Started to go ask him after the game but decided not to since my hat may have offended some hahaha. The offense kind of struggled after he went out but the big rb 44 looked pretty good, where did he come from? Is he a new kid or just one that never had opportunity til now? Also noticed the 3rd qb came in and put on a show with 2 td passes and a impressive td run with several more nice runs. He ran the o very smooth it look like to me. Is he the same qb 10 that was a freshman couple years ago when we first met on the really good freshman team? Overall I thought db looked fast but sloppy at times. 58 also looked pretty good on D, looks strong! Please let me know how qb 6 is when u hear? Do u guys scrimmage again next week? Thank you!

Batman, Been looking pretty well actually. Coach has them playing with some fire it seems. Thanks for asking...anytime u want to come up for a game, let me know and I'll feel us a seat. I went and watched us guys scrimmage yesterday at Betsy and seen where 6 left the game for an injury. I noticed him walking with a slight limp afterwards, hope nothing serious!!! Started to go ask him after the game but decided not to since my hat may have offended some hahaha. The offense kind of struggled after he went out but the big rb 44 looked pretty good, where did he come from? Is he a new kid or just one that never had opportunity til now? Also noticed the 3rd qb came in and put on a show with 2 td passes and a impressive td run with several more nice runs. He ran the o very smooth it look like to me. Is he the same qb 10 that was a freshman couple years ago when we first met on the really good freshman team? Overall I thought db looked fast but sloppy at times. 58 also looked pretty good on D, looks strong! Please let me know how qb 6 is when u hear? Do u guys scrimmage again next week? Thank you!

100,I'm out of the loop over here but wish all those young men and many of the coaches , the best .I never want to hear of a young man getting hurt for any team and I hope that he is fine.Like many of those still on the team,he was always  a good young man on and off the field when I talked to him.Not sure but I'd guess that is the same number 10 that was on the great freshman team.If so,he is a very good player and like so many of these kids,has great parents.That's what keeps me in check when I really want to blast the system over here,because those are the guys that put it all on the line every day plus friday nights.I miss being a part of it but at the same time couldn't be more happy .I'll listen to the Tribe while pulling for all those young men I watched over the years but it may be a year or two before I can step back into J fred stadium for a football game.Might take bringing my Devils up here on a Friday night

I'm excited for the game against Tenn High because football will finally be back. It's like Christmas for us football guys. Time to see the new players and see how much better the returners have became. Tenn High always plays us well. Heck, we are the measuring stick in this neck of the woods anyway. We might have been down last year but we are getting better. We will show a great improvement over last year. And you're right, most of us old school Big East guys are still dreaming of the old Oak Ridge games and remembering the rivalry we've had with them. I can't wait to go to the "ship". Lots of old memories about that place. ROLL TRIBE

It is funny I keep hearing DB was not very good last year, but they did beat the State 5A runner up Sevier County whose QB is now playing in the SEC, lost in the last seconds to an Oak Ridge team that had one of the best Athletes in the State and even country! They scored 34 points and lost one game and 42 in another and lost! Make a few stops and the year would have looked a lot different! The coaches have seen where they need to be, the players have seen where they need to be! They have great leadership and put the work in! That is is why it is quite on here! Because it is shut up and play football time!

Edited by FridayNightLights78

It is funny I keep hearing DB was not very good last year, but they did beat the State 5A runner up Sevier County whose QB is now playing in the SEC, lost in the last seconds to an Oak Ridge team that had one of the best Athletes in the State and even country! They scored 34 points and lost one game and 42 in another and lost! Make a few stops and the year would have looked a lot different! The coaches have seen where they need to be, the players have seen where they need to be! They have great leadership and put the work in! That is is why it is quite on here! Because it is shut up and play football time!

m

We didn't play well as a unit last year for whatever reason as a whole. This year will be different

We didn't play well as a unit last year for whatever reason as a whole. This year will be different

Don't forget your coach's personal tragedy last year, things like that can derail a team.    I have no doubt this year will be better.        And like someone above said, it's time to kick it off and play some ball!!!!

DB is a band school. Not much interest in football.

Is there a like and a vote up button? Eh

Well here is some inside info 

1.  DB still makes an incredibly ridiculous amount of money off of football and donations.

2.  Grades are more important.  Teach first Coach Second

3.  A lot of respect for Graham.  He can stay there as long as he chooses to stay there.

4.  Athletics overall has gone down.  Kids are showing a change.  A lot more transfers out for athletics and in for academics.

5.  Excitement isn't for sports, but for building on to the school.

Long story short, the days of sports first is over.  DB will be strong for a while (and I think they will beat SH this year) but when it comes to the state level they aren't the best team out there.  Around here, DB, SH, Greeneville are your kings.  Everyone else is a 5 touchdown difference.

Db vs tn high will be close at first until db pulls away 38-10 final. This is not a fair fight, tn high suffers from all the city limits kids split going to two different schools cause bristol decides on being two different states. If you live in kingsport, or jc all the city limit kids go to db or science hill. Tn high misses the extra 650 kids that go to va high. Give the vikings them kids doesn't mean tn high would automatically beat db every year but it would go back and forth a dog fight that would turned into a huge rivalry.

This is all very true, but even if Bristol combined DB would still have the better band.